Wisconsin Artifact book is finally done!

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
The book "Native American Artifacts of Wisconsin" by Paul Schanen and David Hunzicker is now done. I have placed my first order and I should have books in hand and ready to ship by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. The book is 286 pages, full color, and hardcover. It covers more than just points, though that chapter is really well done, it also covers ceramics, lithic materials, and of course copper. I think the copper chapter will be interesting for a lot of folks around the country. There are literally hundreds of pictures and drawings! The book will be available on our publisher's web site sometime next week, (Lauric Press) and in a few weeks it will be available on Amazon.com It will retail at $69.95 but is availabe through me for $65.00 and free shipping I can take payment by personal check or pay pal. [email protected] is the email associated with the pay pal account for the book. If you would rather buy one with a check please shoot me an email at that same address and I will send you my address. Thanks and I hope you guys enjoy the book, it is the result of four long years.
:headbang:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cannonman17

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
I should also very quickly add that the books won't be shipping out for 10-14 days yet but will be shipped out in the order in which they are received so go ahead and order early!

OP
OP
Cannonman17

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Actually there isn't a whole lot of personal stuff in there. A lot of the ceramics are mine only because finding examples of Wisconsin ceramics was very challenging at best. There are so many people out there with such incredible copper collections that I didn't feel the need to put much anything of mine in there, I looked for artifacts that I thought represented a good mix of what is out there, i didn't want it to turn into a book about my collection so I just shyed away from that in general. I really hope that people from outside Wisconsin wind up buying the book for the copper chapter, I took a wagon load of great pictures from collections that don't see the light of day much.

OP
OP
Cannonman17

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Actually there isn't a whole lot of personal stuff in there. A lot of the ceramics are mine only because finding examples of Wisconsin ceramics was very challenging at best. There are so many people out there with such incredible copper collections that I didn't feel the need to put much anything of mine in there, I looked for artifacts that I thought represented a good mix of what is out there, i didn't want it to turn into a book about my collection so I just shyed away from that in general. I really hope that people from outside Wisconsin wind up buying the book for the copper chapter, I took a wagon load of great pictures from collections that don't see the light of day much.

I never figured to sell a lot of these books but I must admit that I am slightly surprised that not a single person from this site has any interest in this book given all the hixton, copper, etc that's in it. Hmmm. :icon_scratch:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I'm interested, and I love Hixton. We don't get much over here. This piece came from Wisco.

DSCN3122.JPG DSCN3322.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread