With drawn

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ounce an area is has been "with drawn" from claiming what happens to the old claims that are legal to the area. I just watched a video made by AMRA about a claim just below the patented mining claim " I Bar " LDMA owned. I have been there and got gold nice gold. AMRA confronted a guy mining there and living there and garbage he dumped in the area was so bad. He said his friend owns the claim. I checked on Land Matters and even the BLM says the area is under consideration but back to my point, if you own a claim and the land is with drawn, are the claims still valid ?

Upvote 2

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ounce an area is has been "with drawn" from claiming what happens to the old claims that are legal to the area. I just watched a video made by AMRA about a claim just below the patented mining claim " I Bar " LDMA owned. I have been there and got gold nice gold. AMRA confronted a guy mining there and living there and garbage he dumped in the area was so bad. He said his friend owns the claim. I checked on Land Matters and even the BLM says the area is under consideration but back to my point, if you own a claim and the land is with drawn, are the claims still valid ?
The "Mining district name" will shed some light on the matter.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As Mikep said if the claims were valid at the time of the withdrawal they will be grandfathered into the withdrawn area. The claimants will still need to do their annual maintenance and keep their claim current with the BLM and the County. If the claimants let the claim lapse for even a day they will not be able to reclaim it. No do overs once it's been withdrawn.

When an area is withdrawn the BLM will request prior proof of a discovery of a valuable mineral deposit. If you haven't already perfected your claim they will probably close it at that point. Do your discovery proof early and always keep good documentation. If you do that the minerals will be yours as long as you meet your annual obligations no matter what the government does. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The State of Washington likely has code about "sink a discovery shaft" or "A cut or crosscut or tunnel which cuts the lode......."

The State of Oregon code states this has to be done before the expiration of sixty days from the date of the posting of the notice of discovery.

You will have to look at the Washington code your self.

You will find specific "Case Law" about "Location", "Diligence in marking the boundaries of a claim", and "Discovery". This is worth looking at.

By the way a claim occupied under color of title for more than twenty years is not public mineral land of the United States.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The State of Washington likely has code about "sink a discovery shaft" or "A cut or crosscut or tunnel which cuts the lode......."

The State of Oregon code states this has to be done before the expiration of sixty days from the date of the posting of the notice of discovery.

You will have to look at the Washington code your self.

You will find specific "Case Law" about "Location", "Diligence in marking the boundaries of a claim", and "Discovery". This is worth looking at.

By the way a claim occupied under color of title for more than twenty years is not public mineral land of the United States.
The State of Oregon refers the above code as "Affidavit of compliance" as well as "Work not deemed part of assessment work". This may help in your research as the Comparative Washington legislation is Wash. Rem. Rev. Stat., Section 8618.
California Public Resources Code, section 2304.
Idaho I.C.A. section 46-603.

You will have to look this up yourself. No one will do this for you.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The "Mining district name" will shed some light on the matter.
There is likely some "Case Law" about this topic to research about.
I Bar or Italian bar, very famous place, it is where George Massie of the GPAA and LDMA found over 8 million of gold at a bottom of a waterfall, it was secrete when I was there just after he passed of where he found the gold. This was a LDMA outing and after working 3 days on there common operation using highbankers, we were all gun ho, as they delivered dirt via a trac hoe , we were all gold hungry but in the end they were feeding us non gold barring dirt. I still get a kick of the promoters sitting on the back of a truck saying slow down and monitoring us in case we found a big nugget. What changed for me was after working my 3 commitment I was craving some hot dogs so I drove back up to town of Columbia and got some but on my way up there I noticed a river section that looked just like I mine here in Washington state. After getting back I grabbed my A52 and headed for that spot, 2 hrs. later and 3 gram of gold, more gold than the entire 5 day common operation of about 150 people found. I did show the leader of the outing what I found and of course he told every one about my find, gold rush time, for when I went back the spot next day there were so many people there mining there. I just had to laugh but in the end I ended up helping a lot of them find there first gold. Since I leaving the next day I decided to go down river and explore it and then it happened, I came upon the top of a big water fall, I new then that is were George Massie found his gold. 10 years later the club finally divulged where he found the gold.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I Bar or Italian bar, very famous place, it is where George Massie of the GPAA and LDMA found over 8 million of gold at a bottom of a waterfall, it was secrete when I was there just after he passed of where he found the gold. This was a LDMA outing and after working 3 days on there common operation using highbankers, we were all gun ho, as they delivered dirt via a trac hoe , we were all gold hungry but in the end they were feeding us non gold barring dirt. I still get a kick of the promoters sitting on the back of a truck saying slow down and monitoring us in case we found a big nugget. What changed for me was after working my 3 commitment I was craving some hot dogs so I drove back up to town of Columbia and got some but on my way up there I noticed a river section that looked just like I mine here in Washington state. After getting back I grabbed my A52 and headed for that spot, 2 hrs. later and 3 gram of gold, more gold than the entire 5 day common operation of about 150 people found. I did show the leader of the outing what I found and of course he told every one about my find, gold rush time, for when I went back the spot next day there were so many people there mining there. I just had to laugh but in the end I ended up helping a lot of them find there first gold. Since I leaving the next day I decided to go down river and explore it and then it happened, I came upon the top of a big water fall, I new then that is were George Massie found his gold. 10 years later the club finally divulged where he found the gold.
Wow thanks for sharing the great story et1955.

Nothing like talking to some of the older people out there as almost anyone can learn something from it.

You may find that you may find different "Mining district" names in your research and you may not find anything.

The tip about looking at different "Case Laws" is for learning purposes. You may find some things you may not be aware of......lol.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
10 years is a long time to find out where it was........lol.

At least you helped others find there first gold ever and this is good for the entire country any way you look at it.

P.S.: did anyone film the mini gold rush happening?........lol.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
10 years is a long time to find out where it was........lol.

At least you helped others find there first gold ever and this is good for the entire country any way you look at it.

P.S.: did anyone film the mini gold rush happening?........lol.
I actually filmed the whole experience but it is on sony 8mil camcorder, one day i will have it digitized.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I Bar or Italian bar, very famous place, it is where George Massie of the GPAA and LDMA found over 8 million of gold at a bottom of a waterfall, it was secrete when I was there just after he passed of where he found the gold.
I heard he actually found all that gold in Tom's backpack and a bag of Home Depot sand. That too is a secret. :laughing7:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I heard he actually found all that gold in Tom's backpack and a bag of Home Depot sand. That too is a secret. :laughing7:
It sounds like the Home Depot was in on the gold rush too........:laughing7:
:tongue3:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is an owner of a valid placer claim within a withdrawal area able to transfer/sell the claim to another?

Mike
Your County records may show this type of activity happening.

The County surveyor may also disclose of this type of activity happening even after the "Mineral with draw".

There also may be "Claims" that shows this is taking place especially "Lode claims".

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great reports and lots of information guys! Thanks for sharing all your knowledge.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great reports and lots of information guys! Thanks for sharing all your knowledge.
Yep that is the real reason for this type of thread is too share some information. Other wise why post.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I actually filmed the whole experience but it is on sony 8mil camcorder, one day i will have it digitized.
It would be fun to see what you have no matter how grainy it may be. Thank you for all of your input I enjoyed it very much. This also shows you are willing to show others how to find it and that means more then you know. Thank you for this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions