With drawn

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ounce an area is has been "with drawn" from claiming what happens to the old claims that are legal to the area. I just watched a video made by AMRA about a claim just below the patented mining claim " I Bar " LDMA owned. I have been there and got gold nice gold. AMRA confronted a guy mining there and living there and garbage he dumped in the area was so bad. He said his friend owns the claim. I checked on Land Matters and even the BLM says the area is under consideration but back to my point, if you own a claim and the land is with drawn, are the claims still valid ?

Upvote 2

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The "Mining district name" will shed some light on the matter.
Yep there may be more mining district then you may be aware of. So it does not hurt to pay attention of all of the names. Just an research idea here.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
10 years is a long time to find out where it was........lol.

At least you helped others find there first gold ever and this is good for the entire country any way you look at it.

P.S.: did anyone film the mini gold rush happening?........lol.
At least others got the joy of finding it for the first time and that mean more then you know as that is caring on the torch. Thank you for what you have done.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If there is little to no active claims in that "Mining district" this could be the call for a "With drawn".
Yep the County knows how many active "Claims" there are in a given "Distric
I actually filmed the whole experience but it is on sony 8mil camcorder, one day i will have it digitized.
Just the fact that you recorded this shows some history being carried on from the people before. This is what needs to be pasted on. Mining is the same activities over and over. This is definitely history being pasts on. Thanks.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The State of Washington likely has code about "sink a discovery shaft" or "A cut or crosscut or tunnel which cuts the lode......."

The State of Oregon code states this has to be done before the expiration of sixty days from the date of the posting of the notice of discovery.

You will have to look at the Washington code your self.

You will find specific "Case Law" about "Location", "Diligence in marking the boundaries of a claim", and "Discovery". This is worth looking at.

By the way a claim occupied under color of title for more than twenty years is not public mineral land of the United States.
I think you will find that this goes back around 150 years or so. Nothing really new. Just start looking.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Clay, I wish I’d ask you about disposing of claims in a withdrawn area some time ago. I had an opportunity to acquire one of the last valid placer claims in the Smith River watershed of northwestern California ( withdrawn from mineral entry). It was owned by one of the good miners and spokesmen for our profession, Jerry Hobbs. At his passing I was interested in buying this claim from his family but was told by a ”more experienced miner” that this was not possible and didn’t pursue it further. A shame.

Mike

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Clay, I wish I’d ask you about disposing of claims in a withdrawn area some time ago. I had an opportunity to acquire one of the last valid placer claims in the Smith River watershed of northwestern California ( withdrawn from mineral entry). It was owned by one of the good miners and spokesmen for our profession, Jerry Hobbs. At his passing I was interested in buying this claim from his family but was told by a ”more experienced miner” that this was not possible and didn’t pursue it further. A shame.

Mike
Why not check with some "County records"?
There is also County survey maps that you may be able to take a look at.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any one care to point out the terms : "Federal agency", "Contract" or "Agreement" as defined in the State of Oregon Code?

P.S. It is most likely not what you have come to think what the terms are. I'm sure the State of Washington has these terms defined as well.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is a very good idea to at least take a look at some of this before there is a "Adverse possession" case arising.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To get the ball rolling here as no one appears to want to post the following straight from the State of Oregon code will help out:

Authority accorded generally. Every municipality shall have power and hereby is authorized:

To enter on any lands, waters and premises for the purpose of making surveys, soundings and examinations in or for the furtherance of any public works project.

Can you see how getting people to no longer activity "Claim" could help with this process only on "Public lands".

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Posting these types of questions as well as referring to Code is a quick way of not being the most popular. However this is way less painful then to look this stuff when you may really need too.............lol.

This is not always easy thing to do.
There is an expression that goes like this:
No pain no gain.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I heard he actually found all that gold in Tom's backpack and a bag of Home Depot sand. That too is a secret. :laughing7:
Is this your attempt to be funny, Sad . I know a lot more than you on this discovery but with that I have noticed something, you have changed, I hope you are ok, there is an anger in you, not what I am used to seeing from you, not just this post but others recently. Wish you all the best

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is this your attempt to be funny, Sad . I know a lot more than you on this discovery but with that I have noticed something, you have changed, I hope you are ok, there is an anger in you, not what I am used to seeing from you, not just this post but others recently. Wish you all the best
Yeah it wasn't that funny. The Buzzards discovery story is not what it appears. In fact it's obviously B.S. That's the only thing that makes it funny - like panning gold out of your backpack.

Do the math. In the year you claim he mined 8 million dollars worth of gold he would have had to pull more than 45,000 ounces of gold from the bottom of that waterfall. Did not happen. I have no reason to doubt George found gold at the bottom of a waterfall but there is no way he found that much gold.

I knew George. He could tell a tall tale with the best of them. It was that "damn the truth" attitude he and his buddies had that allowed him to grow the GPAA into what it became.

I think this 8 million dollars claim is just the tendency for gold finds to grow in the mind over time. We know that in 1980 George stated on television (Merv Griffin show) he had a lifetime total of a bit more than 180 pounds. In fact George himself claimed to have found 800 ounces on the Stanislaus claim ($160,000). I believe that is also the figure the GPAA has on their website. That a far cry from 45,000 ounces or 8 million dollars.

As far as being angry - not really. Thanks for the concern Ed. I work more than full time in the natural resources business, for the most part with international mining companies. I also have a goal to help small miners understand the business of mining. After more than 10 years of providing free education and information for small scale and wanna be miners I may have lost some of my sense of humor when it comes to these made up stories that come from the small miners. I tend to see them as an obstruction to my goal of bringing mining facts to up and coming miners.

I did consider my response before I posted. I didn't want to make my reply to those bogus numbers to be taken as an attack on you so I tried injecting some humor. I obviously failed in that attempt. You did take it personally and I am sorry for any distress that I may have caused you.

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Even if a number of people do not agree with all of the factors of this story is not the point here. After all there are a lot of story tellers out there with each one flowering up the story as it goes along. The Hollywood movies of the past are a good example of this.

Having found some gold there is a lesson that anyone can learn something from.

It is hard enough to find what is left out there as it is. So passing on some how to is not all bad even if some of it does not "Pan out". Finding this out is part of the process / fun.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have more of an issue with TNET letting a spammer come back after a ban and having him spam posts and constantly quote his own comments:BangHead:
You may want to check out some facts first before jumping to some kind of false comments.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah it wasn't that funny. The Buzzards discovery story is not what it appears. In fact it's obviously B.S. That's the only thing that makes it funny - like panning gold out of your backpack.

Do the math. In the year you claim he mined 8 million dollars worth of gold he would have had to pull more than 45,000 ounces of gold from the bottom of that waterfall. Did not happen. I have no reason to doubt George found gold at the bottom of a waterfall but there is no way he found that much gold.

I knew George. He could tell a tall tale with the best of them. It was that "damn the truth" attitude he and his buddies had that allowed him to grow the GPAA into what it became.

I think this 8 million dollars claim is just the tendency for gold finds to grow in the mind over time. We know that in 1980 George stated on television (Merv Griffin show) he had a lifetime total of a bit more than 180 pounds. In fact George himself claimed to have found 800 ounces on the Stanislaw claim ($160,000). I believe that is also the figure the GPAA has on their website. That a far cry from 45,000 ounces or 8 million dollars.

As far as being angry - not really. Thanks for the concern Ed. I work more than full time in the natural resources business, for the most part with international mining companies. I also have a goal to help small miners understand the business of mining. After more than 10 years of providing free education and information for small scale and wanna be miners I may have lost some of my sense of humor when it comes to these made up stories that come from the small miners. I tend to see them as an obstruction to my goal of bringing mining facts to up and coming miners.

I did consider my response before I posted. I didn't want to make my reply to those bogus numbers to be taken as an attack on you so I tried injecting some humor. I obviously failed in that attempt. You did take it personally and I am sorry for any distress that I may have caused you.

Heavy Pans
Thank you for taking the time to lay some things out. This really helps let others here where you are coming from and this can help everyone out.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have more of an issue with TNET letting a spammer come back after a ban and having him spam posts and constantly quote his own comments:BangHead:
Let it go Goldwasher. Our hosts provide this service for free so I figure they have every right to set the bar wherever they wish. I too think that bar is pretty low in this case but what I think won't buy you a cup of lukewarm water at a firefighter's contest.

I was puzzled at some of the comments like yours I've seen on some threads lately. That's because TNet provides a wonderful tool called the "ignore" button. I clicked the ignore button on the bot you are complaining about a few years ago. I haven't seen anything from it since then until I got curious about why posters were complaining and clicked the "show ignored content" button.

I've come to love and respect the ignore button. For instance when I turned on the ignored content, out of curiosity, this thread made no sense. With the ignore button on the thread is easy to read and not confusing at all.

Give the ignore button a chance. TNet has been nice enough to allow us to control the content we see and in my experience life has been much better without the random B.S. this and a few other posters like to bring to the forums.

As a bonus the "ignore" button kills trolls - should you happen to spot one.
:thumbsup:

To set a posters content to be ignored just click on their avatar picture and click "ignore" from the menu that drops down.

Heavy Pans

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to check out some facts first before jumping to some kind of false comments.
there you go. post and post and post people will remove you from the discussion using the "ignore" function
something to think about, if no one sees your posts that is why you'll get no responses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread