Woodbury Fire Perimeter Map.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is a lot easier off trail now . that's for sure. it is nice to be able to see what your stepping on.

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
it is a lot easier off trail now . that's for sure. it is nice to be able to see what your stepping on.

You got that right. My youngest son and I damn near stepped on a Rattler last year off trail in addition to the Mountain Lion way on up the canyon after dark. Freaking scary and we didn't have a gun.

It was so overgrown we had to literally hack our way through it. I hope some cool discoveries turn up now that we can actually see where we are all going. It was beautiful though in more ways than one! This is one of the three tanks those Indians were talking about when they camped in the big bend ( I think ).

Either way, I'll take it!

molly.jpg

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome spot. what month was that. I went through a thicket once where I did not touch the ground for 20 minutes at least. just fighting through and on top of branches. it was a stupid idea and for nothing too.. lol. I always carry a 22 cal. with regular lead shot and snake shot staggered in the clip. its a lightweight magnum , and will do what I would need it for. its mounted on my chest pack for easy access. I have had enough time in the mountains that I would not be without it.. I have seen enough predators too close. that's the biggest concern with getting far off trails and smelling like food in the dark. lol. I am like a skunk though. if I get too scared I let out some self defense scent. and no right minded animal would want to eat me.. lol

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
awesome spot. what month was that. I went through a thicket once where I did not touch the ground for 20 minutes at least. just fighting through and on top of branches. it was a stupid idea and for nothing too.. lol. I always carry a 22 cal. with regular lead shot and snake shot staggered in the clip. its a lightweight magnum , and will do what I would need it for. its mounted on my chest pack for easy access. I have had enough time in the mountains that I would not be without it.. I have seen enough predators too close. that's the biggest concern with getting far off trails and smelling like food in the dark. lol. I am like a skunk though. if I get too scared I let out some self defense scent. and no right minded animal would want to eat me.. lol
Good one! Took a second ???:occasion14:

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

Yeah I didn't want to check a sidearm for the flight out there and figured that we'd be fine. That was late October last year I can message you where it was if ya want. No real trails up through there but certainly worth the trip. We never made it to our goal. My youngest kid started throwing up as soon as we got a few miles in and I had to double packs up and I smoke two packs a day. Lol. Probably take my 9 mm this year with staggered rat shot and hollow points or maybe a 22 magnum.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I either hike with my neighbor or alone. That is awsome you go with family. My family wants me to strike it out there. but none of them will come with me. lol. I have spent my last 4 trips falling short of my goal, however I have been able to refine my route every time. this next trip I will make it to my spot. i am guessing a 2 to 3 days hike in.. I also smoke a pack or so a day. Way less when hiking though (half). Hopefully there is some water around this time.
I use the 22 magnum because it weighs nothing.
Sure. If you don't mind sharing location, very cool of you to offer!! It is always good to know where a good spot for water is.
thanks in advance. Jeremy

is that a mermaid in the photo. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread