Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: I think the planes are crashing! Or is it going to be a near miss?:laughing7:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a good idea to keep things in perspective. If you want to use your classic car for recreational adventures it is probably a good idea to think of the important stuff. It is worth the effort to have good lines and being able to stop when the need arises. I found that by joining the male and female parts in the seat area a good job can be done. That might not be what they had in mind at the factory when they installed the brake lines but they could have been thinking about it. Nothing wrong with staying committed to a one piece set-up though. I prefer the one piece set-up but can see where other options that people use would be better than staying with a faulty system. Gotta keep in mind that it is more than a ride. :tongue3:

The new cars are sensored to the max! Sensored brakes, engine, transmission,air bag, they even have a map sensor!!

Oh and there is a jar in my door somewhere!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sluice Willis

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Directed censorship? Seems that falls more into reader or listener's responsibility and less in author's responsibility, it is "our" job to be informed and look for alternative answers and viewpoints. Unfortunately many don't which is why we have (censored in censored)..

Correctamundo! Sometimes the answer is none of the choices offered, we must take it upon ourselves to get the big picture and the right answer, we never really know what information has been censored.

OP
OP
Sluice Willis

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Holy cow, the planes nearly crashed in mid air!" or " The planes just missed each other in mid air" or " Wow, those pilots have awesome skills!!" controls the mental image(?) of the event. It will also distort or control the memory of the event later on in the future when recalling what happened!:icon_scratch::tongue3::censored:

I can't take credit for the story about the planes nearly missing or nearly crashing. It's from a 1992 George Carlin concert where he is talking about the stupidity of the airlines. Another one of his theories I enjoy is his perspective on stuff.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
George Carlin certainly had it all figured out.

OP
OP
Sluice Willis

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was simply the wrong size, it would be like putting 32 oz in a 1 oz cup, or 1 oz in a 32 oz cup. To me that would be the wrong size. I think "half full" and "half empty" are both correct. Unless you know if the cup was being filled or emptied.
If I was on the side of a mountain, in the middle between the top and the bottom. Would I be "half way" up the mountain or "halfway" down the mountain? If you asked me, it would depend where I started. If I got there from the top of the mountain, then I would be "half way" down the mountain. If I started from the bottom, I would be "half way" up the mountain. If I asked you, it would depend on where you were, or if you knew my direction of travel. That would determine the correct answer.
So, if you knew if the cup was being filled or emptied, that would determine if it was "half full" or "half empty". If you didn't know the direction, both answers are right, rather than neither.
To me "near" and "nearly" have two different meaninings. A "near miss" would be a miss, but was near or close. "Nearly miss" would be to almost miss.
Right now I am nearly confused and half crazy.

It's a trick question tailored to get one of two answers.

Why do we use a drinking glass? When we get a beverage the glass is full, we empty it through the process of drinking. If you are filling the glass it's half full, if you are drinking the beverage it's half empty. But if a glass is presented with an insufficient amount of beverage then it is the wrong size.

By censoring all the information except what they want, they can convince us the choices we make are are own. We might fill a glass half way for a child, maybe we ran out of whatever we were filling it with, or maybe it's leftover from yesterday. To give an accurate answer we need more information, but based on what information is presented. A glass that has more volume than the liquid it's holding is of incorrect dimensions, a drinking glass in theory should be entirely full or entirely empty.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Two words come to mind.....misinformation..disinformation.

This flashed on me for some reason.

GOD Bless

Chris

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting thread sluice.I will continue to speculate your reason because it amuses me.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not a complaint about censorship.Its either public service announcement or score keeping.:laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it stays generic it can stay, just remember mods can easily read between the lines, its not our first rodeo...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was simply the wrong size, it would be like putting 32 oz in a 1 oz cup, or 1 oz in a 32 oz cup. To me that would be the wrong size. I think "half full" and "half empty" are both correct. Unless you know if the cup was being filled or emptied.
If I was on the side of a mountain, in the middle between the top and the bottom. Would I be "half way" up the mountain or "halfway" down the mountain? If you asked me, it would depend where I started. If I got there from the top of the mountain, then I would be "half way" down the mountain. If I started from the bottom, I would be "half way" up the mountain. If I asked you, it would depend on where you were, or if you knew my direction of travel. That would determine the correct answer.
So, if you knew if the cup was being filled or emptied, that would determine if it was "half full" or "half empty". If you didn't know the direction, both answers are right, rather than neither.
To me "near" and "nearly" have two different meaninings. A "near miss" would be a miss, but was near or close. "Nearly miss" would be to almost miss.
Right now I am nearly confused and half crazy.

It's a trick question tailored to get one of two answers.

Why do we use a drinking glass? When we get a beverage the glass is full, we empty it through the process of drinking. If you are filling the glass it's half full, if you are drinking the beverage it's half empty. But if a glass is presented with an insufficient amount of beverage then it is the wrong size.

By censoring all the information except what they want, they can convince us the choices we make are are own. We might fill a glass half way for a child, maybe we ran out of whatever we were filling it with, or maybe it's leftover from yesterday. To give an accurate answer we need more information, but based on what information is presented. A glass that has more volume than the liquid it's holding is of incorrect dimensions, a drinking glass in theory should be entirely full or entirely empty.

:censored: :censored:drinking glass!! I drink atta a bottle.... When it's empty, I replace it!
If there is "half" it's warm...so I replace it!!:laughing7:

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a funny word! I don't care how old you are! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sluice Willis

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not a complaint about censorship.Its either public service announcement or score keeping.:laughing7:

It's about censorship in general and has nothing to do with the forum or anybody on it. Just a fun topic to help alleviate the cabin fever we are all suffering from.

OP
OP
Sluice Willis

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it stays generic it can stay, just remember mods can easily read between the lines, its not our first rodeo...

I was reading between the lines, but then I realized I was just seeing double! :laughing7: I wouldn't say it's generic but it has nothing to do with this forum or any of the mods or members here. Censorship affects the decisions we make, the beliefs we have and the actions we take. Maybe it's omitting bad reviews of a product, or a friend leaving out some details of a altercation. We are only given the details the storyteller wants us to know, kinda like a magician forcing a card, we end up with the attitude/card they wanted us to have.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to censor myself! It never works out very well for me! No self control!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread