would this pump work for a small dredge?

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
if you look at the specs, that thing is pumping 151 gallons per minute, which is either a typo or a fantasy for that kind of money. besides that's way too much flow for a dredge, it would wash all your finds straight through and dump it out the back end.
the motor would work great, it's small and a 4 stroke just have to find a lower volume pump

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one off of craigslist to lend folks and NOT NEAR ENOUGH csi/gpm for anything bigger than a 2". It is a open flow and any restrictions-as a jet--kills it and that gpm is indeed a pipe dream. You must use solid hose as flexible also gives just too much to do and not enough psi to keep the hose rigid under most conditions as a general rule of thumb.. I've let quite a few folks use it and gone with them to my local claims as some folks need to know before they blow the dough. For my money I'd get a keene,proline,precision,dahlke or equivalent,but free to use and see ifn' it floats your boat---John

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
they are not perfect but they will work on a small dredge or highbanker.
saw tons of them working just fine at cache creek and along the arkansas river in colorado.

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works fine as a trash type pump but not much more. For a dredge you need volume and pressure to make a venturi work. stick with standard dredge pumps or beat your head on the wall with less than satifactory results

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
I use a 2" Blue Max, which is about the same thing here on my highbanker.. Works great for that. If you need lots of water pressure, this pump is not for you and only puts out 30 LBS. of pressure at max RPM..

OP
OP
C

CoastalSChunter

Oct 5, 2011
it says clear water pump, so i hope that it works as a dredge for me, i will have a sreen on the suction end of the hose, so we will see.

its hear already, man HF dnt play on shipping.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run a 3" clear water pump with a 3"x2" reducer on the high pressure side .It's stronger than before .

Attachments

• 0801091113-01.jpg
    0801091113-01.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 5,978
  • 0801091113-01.jpg
    0801091113-01.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,549

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
i use a 3" honda pump with my 5" subbie and it rocks and rolls (its not a dredge pump just an old water pump)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CSC are you talkn' the 1 1/2 hp and that'n looks to be what a 3-5 hp??? HP makes one heck of a difference and thats why I bought that 1 1/2 hp pump for a lousy $50 bill,to lend out so folks could know that lil'ol thing is jus' way tiny-John

OP
OP
C

CoastalSChunter

Oct 5, 2011
thanks strick
John, im not sure on the hp, i haven’t taken it out of the box yet, but it says its 212cc, i haven’t done the cc-hp conversion but i will take it out and look at it tonight. im just looking for something simple, to move a little more material than my hand dredge @ a continuous rate.

sae156

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2013
Teller County, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi,
I had a question about that harborfreight pump you got. the 2" clear water. the description says 179 cc and 212cc. I have a 5 hp restriction and 179cc is OK (i think) but 212cc is too big. could you clear this up please. thanks, scott

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
Anybody see those 60gpm tiny pump. that look like a weedeater engine? I think its called the predator or something look awesome for a tiny fine gold as sucker easy to pack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread