Wouldit be worth it to buy a 600$+ metal detector 4 nugget detecting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told yes. I dont own one, not too many nuggets here.

OP
OP
ProspectorALEX

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool what brand would be best for the Mohave desert in sunny california

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

I just want to know if a 600$ or more dollar metal detector would be worth it. : ) ( :
If you find enough gold with it........yes. A Fisher Gold Bug 2 Pro would be a good pick for price and performance. For others in the same relative price range.... White's GMT and Minelab 705 gold pack are good machines too. The Minelab GPX4800 and 5000 are the top of the line gold detectors but at a much higher price. If they'll find the gold others miss, they may be worth the extra dough. Buy the best you can afford.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To clear things up, There is no "Fisher Gold Bug 2 Pro". There is a Fisher Gold Bug 2, and a Fisher Gold Bug Pro. These are two very different metal detectors. They are both designed for finding Gold Nuggets but that's about all they have in common. The GB2 runs at a very high frequency, something like 79 kHz. This allows it to find itty bitty specks that other detectors can't. These specks are much smaller than you'd consider a "nugget". The down fall is that the high frequency reduces the depth that the GB2 can see larger nuggets, like 1/4 to 1 ounce size nuggets. The GB2 also has no meter or discrimination and is best used only for nugget hunting.
The Gold Bug Pro has Dual Processors and runs at 19 kHz. The GBP a meter that shows target ID numbers, and depth. It also has Discrimination so it can be used for Coin & Jewelry hunting as well as nugget hunting. The GBP won't find specks as small as the GB2 but will find larger nuggets at greater depth, and the GBP makes a great dry sand beach detector.

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To clear things up, There is no "Fisher Gold Bug 2 Pro". There is a Fisher Gold Bug 2, and a Fisher Gold Bug Pro.

Thanks for that clarification, I've seen the "Fisher Gold Bug 2 Pro" mentioned before and was wondering if I was missing something...

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold Bug Pro comes with a 5" coil and MAP price is $649, the Gold Bug Pro Combo comes with the 5" and 10 " coils and MAP price is $749. The standard Gold Bug with the 5" coil Map price is $499. The Gold Bug 2 comes with a 6.5" coil and sells at the Map price of $765.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
About a half ounce of gold will pay off a $600 detector + you may have some fun!
Rich

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it's pretty expensive. Alex
My friend just closed his Whites dealership due to lack of sales. He has a couple of brand new Whites detectors he needs to sell. I know nothing about the capabilities of these detectors, but the price is right. If interested, just pm me and I'll put you in touch with him.

Whites New DFX300 for $775.00 retails at $1199.95 and a New Whites Vx3 $800.00 retails at $1199.95

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread