Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure if this was something 8.1 related or if everyone who has done the threshold volume update has had the same confusion as I did.
When I did the V1.11 update I had no problems just extracted the installer tool and went through the process and it automatically brought up the install tools drivers for me to load.
I tried to install the threshold volume update 7 times before I figured out I had to load the drivers for the install tool manually and latter found that it must have automatically deleted the drivers when the install was done as I didn't see them in my program files when I went to delete them.
After doing the FD it took a few seconds for the headphones to pair but they did so all seems well.
Today I will be installing a carbon fiber mid shaft and seeing how good the Nokta shovel is and charging my replacement external battery.
So I'm just hours away from doing what I want to do swinging the coil and digging some aluminum foil and hopefully some goodies.:laughing9::headbang:

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be appreciative of your Nokta shovel opinion please. I have been buying Predator/Lesche for many years now. And I left my small T handle somewhere...............

OP
OP
Bucketfreak68

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be appreciative of your Nokta shovel opinion please. I have been buying Predator/Lesche for many years now. And I left my small T handle somewhere...............
I had seen someone who did a review on it that said it wasn't sharp at the tip but mine is sure sharp enough I took it out in my yard about an hour ago and it is dry as a bone out there and pretty hard solid conditions here at this present time.
It did good without a lot of foot force.
I'm not sure about other shovels like this as its the first I've owned but it does have some weight to it , and it is going to rattle a bit due to being a two piece .
It does feel solid though.
Where the shaft is welded into the spade of the shovel is absolutely solid I taped on it and got nothing but a dull thud sound so I don't see it wanting to ever come apart.
And it has a bottle opener so if I find myself out detecting in the sun and happen to need to open an ice cold root beer that will come in handy.:occasion14:
I've got it set at the shortest position and is just right for me.
It won't telescope down to the size of a mini shovel 31.5 inches is a short as it goes.
If it did what it did in dry hard soil I don't see having trouble in normal conditions at all and digging in a field should be like cutting through butter.
As I said its the first one I've had and looks like it should serve me well and if it dulls down in time well I'll have to sharpen it.
The price is decent to.

cronk

Sep 27, 2022
Indiana
Detector(s) used
EQX800, Legend
I've got it set at the shortest position and is just right for me.
It won't telescope down to the size of a mini shovel 31.5 inches is a short as it goes.
If it did what it did in dry hard soil I don't see having trouble in normal conditions at all and digging in a field should be like cutting through butter.
As I said its the first one I've had and looks like it should serve me well and if it dulls down in time well I'll have to sharpen it.
The price is decent to.
Yeah, I have the Nokta shovel, too, and really like it. Mine I have extended all the way, and then wrapped in duct tape around shaft (to reduce wiggle and keep dirt out of the telescoping holes) and around the grip (so it doesn't get slippery or too hot/cold).

Nice tool at a nice price!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions