WOW ! Just WOW !

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I about pooped my jeans last summer when the 15 year old nephew came up to stay. He didn't know what a "cellular" phone was. Funniest thing watching him saying it. And he couldn't make himself a scrambled egg!?! I was like WTF dude. Smack to the back of the head and said ok, watch this! In the morning you making us breakfast 😉 he did👍 moved on to next life lesson,smh

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I about pooped my jeans last summer when the 15 year old nephew came up to stay. He didn't know what a "cellular" phone was. Funniest thing watching him saying it. And he couldn't make himself a scrambled egg!?! I was like WTF dude. Smack to the back of the head and said ok, watch this! In the morning you making us breakfast 😉 he did👍 moved on to next life lesson,smh
Here's a bit of the flip side and somewhat refreshing.
Close friends little guy is 4.5 yrs old.
Knows how to milk the goats, cow, helps out in the kitchen, cuts up the vegetables, can steer the tractor, name 18 out of 20 owl species from just looking at a picture and the sound, at the age of 4.
There is hope yet for a few-because this little guy isn't going to the regular school and being wrecked by the system.
Yes he can tell us what time it is by looking at the clock.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

MIND BLOWING - Our Youth Knows NOTHING!​

if this is where The Education System has Gone, Every Single Teacher Should Be fired !

I see, hear examples of these things, and the thing that comes to mind is where in hell are the parents of these young folks?
Seriously one has to wonder how could a parent stand by, and watch this in front of them everyday without ever noticing, and doing something about it.
What a sad world this turning into-these are going to be the ones that are never going to have any chance of surviving anything.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I blame smart phones and parents. Back in the day, I’m only in my 30s mind you, we didn’t have easy access to much. It took first hand knowledge to learn how to do much of anything. Now it’s all a google search away.

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MIND BLOWING - Our Youth Knows NOTHING!​

if this is where The Education System has Gone, Every Single Teacher Should Be fired !

Check out a few videos from Mark Dice videos YouTube
Offers a snickers bar or gold coin for free people are so dam stupid

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see, hear examples of these things, and the thing that comes to mind is where in hell are the parents of these young folks?
Seriously one has to wonder how could a parent stand by, and watch this in front of them everyday without ever noticing, and doing something about it.
What a sad world this turning into-these are going to be the ones that are never going to have any chance of surviving anything.

Triple like. We see kids being picked up by the school bus AT THE END OF THEIR DRIVEWAYS….and mommy has to walk them there.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ‘man on the street’ type interviews have a huge inheritance flaw.

The producers would only show the youth who don’t have the right answers.

That being said, I love the production, and “wow”, these kids are dumb. I Fully blame the parents.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I almost wonder if these are all coming from a Big Party of Drinkers,
Or are all hopped up with One thing on their Minds & It's not Reality.

Honestly I could see where if I Was sporting a one track Mind at the Moment and someone Asked me a Trivia Question I Could go Blank. Especially if I Really didn't give a Crap.

But with the Exception of the One on number of Continents,
All were obvious. I Sucked at Geography & Never even Thought about that . I always figured I didn't need to Know where Europe is on a map. the pilot on the plane will know. I had to google That one to Learn :tongue3:
But now that I'm out of school I do Love to Learn :coffee2:

Last edited:

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who’s 30’ or older realizes you are far from competent (many of us anyhow) in you late twenty’s and before.

It’s all about mental fortitude. The desire to know things, the drive to understand and be able to convey it. Many of the younger people don’t desire a deeper understanding and are only operating on a understanding acquired by necessity to pass a test. Once that test is past so is most the knowledge.

A huge number of factors here but I think a lack of understanding of one’s self is the key.

Then again some people are just plum stupid. That’s always important to recognize. That desire to know things isn’t present in everyone.

That’s cool, I just wish they would wear special hats or something so we could see them at a distance.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Propellerpet-los.gif

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone who’s 30’ or older realizes you are far from competent (many of us anyhow) in you late twenty’s and before.

It’s all about mental fortitude. The desire to know things, the drive to understand and be able to convey it. Many of the younger people don’t desire a deeper understanding and are only operating on a understanding acquired by necessity to pass a test. Once that test is past so is most the knowledge.

A huge number of factors here but I think a lack of understanding of one’s self is the key.

Then again some people are just plum stupid. That’s always important to recognize. That desire to know things isn’t present in everyone.

That’s cool, I just wish they would wear special hats or something so we could see them at a distance.
like on an interstate?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions