Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We’ve forgotten blurry pictures of people wearing red?
I think it's a picture of people wearing those pink knitted hats with the cat ears, though a picture of people wearing the red trucker hats could apply just as equally to someone observing this from the opposite side of the political spectrum. Truth is idiots wear hats of all shapes and sizes and from both sides of the political aisle.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MIND BLOWING - Our Youth Knows NOTHING!​

if this is where The Education System has Gone, Every Single Teacher Should Be fired !

Couldn't bear to watch even half of it.

I sincerly hope none of those kids tripped over their IQs and got a boo boo ...

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d like to see the same video in a predominant non minority city to see if this is systemic to that spectrum of students. I expect our standards have lowered for all, but especially for minorities which says something for the education system.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d like to see the same video in a predominant non minority city to see if this is systemic to that spectrum of students. I expect our standards have lowered for all, but especially for minorities which says something for the education system.
System!?!? What system!?!? Schools don't teach anything to prepare kids to deal with or survive life's challenges. (Please take as meant, a compliment) Country kids are a different breed. Polite, respectful, good work ethics, understand the rewards hard work brings. They enjoy learning. They seem to have been blessed with common sense. City kids? The saying "They're too stupid to see how stupid they really are. Why? Because they had no one parents or teachers to teach them anything useful. Nope! No system in school system. Roll models? They think the guy who comes back to the hood all buffed & tatted up from prison is deserving respect!?!? Someone to look up to!?!?

Ever notice the schools in your area? The kids are never in school! Holidays galore! Teacher conference days etc etc then comes summer vacation & they forget what teeny bit they learned in between. In my area they did a study. High school seniors can't read at a fourth grade level !! And the teachers go on strike for more money. Well, maybe if they were teaching in the classroom instead of having a party on the picket line they'd be worth a bump in the paycheck. Do your job! Teach! Prepare the kids for life.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attention T-Net. Please don't generalize or judge anyone based on their race or place of origin/current residence no matter if that may be the city or country. We are all individuals struggling on the same planet and no matter what we think we know about eachother we simply can't possibly know enough to say we're smarter or stupider simply based on where we live in relation to eachother.

We have no idea what other people are going through or how stupid or smart they may be. Just because someone makes a video on YouTube purporting to show reality doesn't make it true. Had any of us been involved in this street interview we would have all answered correctly and the video maker would have simply omitted our interviews from the final cut.

This video doesn't document reality, it is merely a carefully edited piece of entertainment. The maker wanted to push a narrative to get people's attention and it worked. For whatever reason he wanted to show people being as stupid as possible.

Don't let YouTube videos sway your world view. Go outside and talk to people yourselves if you want to know the truth.

I guarantee you, GUARANTEE YOU, that the average person still knows how to read an analog clock, still knows what 15% of 100 is, and definitely knows which two countries fought the Mexican/American War. I guarantee you!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it has Nothing to do with the People in the Video, It has to Do with the State of Education ... The Teachers and the Unions.

race or place of origin doesn't matter, They all have the Same
amount of Brain Matter it's more about Attitudes,
of Over Paid Baby Sitters

Lower teacher Salaries to $20 Hourly for the Ones Who teach
$3.50 for the ones who Think they are Above That !

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attention T-Net. Please don't generalize or judge anyone based on their race or place of origin/current residence no matter if that may be the city or country. We are all individuals struggling on the same planet and no matter what we think we know about eachother we simply can't possibly know enough to say we're smarter or stupider simply based on where we live in relation to eachother.

We have no idea what other people are going through or how stupid or smart they may be. Just because someone makes a video on YouTube purporting to show reality doesn't make it true. Had any of us been involved in this street interview we would have all answered correctly and the video maker would have simply omitted our interviews from the final cut.

This video doesn't document reality, it is merely a carefully edited piece of entertainment. The maker wanted to push a narrative to get people's attention and it worked. For whatever reason he wanted to show people being as stupid as possible.

Don't let YouTube videos sway your world view. Go outside and talk to people yourselves if you want to know the truth.

I guarantee you, GUARANTEE YOU, that the average person still knows how to read an analog clock, still knows what 15% of 100 is, and definitely knows which two countries fought the Mexican/American War. I guarantee you!
Are you sure?

Not long ago I was in a store checking out. The cashier was trying to give the person in front of me his change. Pulls out the coins, shakes his head puts them back in the drawer, starts over. Three times!! I tell him two quarters one dime two pennies! Twice! Finally he accepts it and hands the man his change. I'm up next, same thing. After telling him what coins to give me, I look back and the five people behind me are shaking their heads laughing. The cashier told me the register at his last job told him how much change to give, this one didn't do that. He didn't like this one.

Being a smart alek, when they ask me if I want a bag, I respond "no thanks! I just divorced one" Every time, Everytime! They stand there smoke coming out their ears blank look. In second grade the teacher brought in a bucket of coins and we learned how to make change. It was taught in school!!! Guess it's been replaced with gender identity appreciation or something. Ever try explaining how to explain over a security camera how to code into a door after watching a youngster point their cell phone at the keypad like it was a magic wand. Sorry I have, more times than I can count. Analog clocks? Can't count how many times I've watched employees pointing & counting trying to figure out if they're late. No excuse! The youngsters aren't being taught anything useful to navigating life. And to make matters worse! YOUR TAX DOLLARS ARE PAYING FOR THIS LACK OF EDUCATION!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What was yesterday isn't today's standard.
The standard has been sani-washed to the point where it just doesn't work anymore.
I myself thought the education system was messed up 50 yrs ago.
I lasted 2 more yrs, then system booted this ass out.

Best/worse day of my learning years.
I got my ass beat when I was 11 yrs old (grade 5) for not doing my math.
Lined up bent over the oak table with Ernie and Shawn.
(Cords and the trap door long John's saved me)
I scored 2nd on the district finals that year.
I still hold that teacher in high regard.
Today he'd be in prison.
I know 4 teachers that would rather home school their children than try to fight the system of screwed up education.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure?

Not long ago I was in a store checking out. The cashier was trying to give the person in front of me his change. Pulls out the coins, shakes his head puts them back in the drawer, starts over. Three times!! I tell him two quarters one dime two pennies! Twice! Finally he accepts it and hands the man his change. I'm up next, same thing. After telling him what coins to give me, I look back and the five people behind me are shaking their heads laughing. The cashier told me the register at his last job told him how much change to give, this one didn't do that. He didn't like this one.

Being a smart alek, when they ask me if I want a bag, I respond "no thanks! I just divorced one" Every time, Everytime! They stand there smoke coming out their ears blank look. In second grade the teacher brought in a bucket of coins and we learned how to make change. It was taught in school!!! Guess it's been replaced with gender identity appreciation or something. Ever try explaining how to explain over a security camera how to code into a door after watching a youngster point their cell phone at the keypad like it was a magic wand. Sorry I have, more times than I can count. Analog clocks? Can't count how many times I've watched employees pointing & counting trying to figure out if they're late. No excuse! The youngsters aren't being taught anything useful to navigating life. And to make matters worse! YOUR TAX DOLLARS ARE PAYING FOR THIS LACK OF EDUCATION!
I don't think kids are any smarter or stupider now than compared to any other period in history. The fact that they can, for the most part, all read what's on their smartphones is proof of that. In my grandparent's time it was the exception, not the rule, for children to be literate, now most are. If the most basic starting point of education is literacy rate than our current kids are likely already among the smartest in history even if they are relatively ignorant from our own more mature perspective.

It is a tale as old as time for the older generation to see the youngest generation as imbeciles. Younger people haven't had as much time to learn, even if they wanted to, compared to us.

"Children now love luxury, have bad manners, contempt for authority, show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers." -Socrates (400 B.C. Athens)

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
come on guys, these street interviews are all the same... they interview 100 people and post the dumbest ones, trying to make it look like the system has failed. The studies have shown over and over that when parents are asked about education they say something like.... "the schools in America are terrible"... but then they add..." but our school is good".

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
come on guys, these street interviews are all the same... they interview 100 people and post the dumbest ones, trying to make it look like the system has failed. The studies have shown over and over that when parents are asked about education they say something like.... "the schools in America are terrible"... but then they add..." but our school is good".

Not really.

I knew a teacher from a good school. His students not only couldn't tell time, but one asked him if he had voted for FDR.

This was only a couple years ago, and the teacher was in his early 30s. He asked her to consider the dates. The student persisted. 'Yeah, but did you vote for him?'

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
World War Eleven...

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not really.

I knew a teacher from a good school. His students not only couldn't tell time, but one asked him if he had voted for FDR.

This was only a couple years ago, and the teacher was in his early 30s. He asked her to consider the dates. The student persisted. 'Yeah, but did you vote for him?'
I've been in the classroom 40 years.... sure, kids don't know as much as we did about WWII (for instance) but there has been 80 MORE years to learn about since then. And, by the way, the average 7 year old knows his way around technology better than most of us on this forum do....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions