jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I'm just a hopeless optimist but I think, even if things continue to get worse for a while, thing will get better. Kids will get older and some of them will learn that 15% of 100 is 15 and not 30.
:thumbsup:as Soon as their first Pay check Comes,
and they feel they still get a whole 15% take home :laughing7:

upside ? I'm 67 and just fired the Nurse
who was stopping by too Many times to check my Pulse.
I know if it's Beating, don't need her to say see you tomorrow ! :coffee2:

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHat is really sad is to see these people NOW WANT the US to pay off there STUDENT LOANS !!!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the boot in the 10th grade. Retired at 48.
The school of hard knocks-rocks.:headbang:
I made it all the way Through 12th. even though I had all Records for days off, from 1st though 12th. especially when reports needed to be turned in. when I would be asked later , I always said I did that ! :o you lose it Again ? :o :( ! Why always Me ? :( seemed to work.
tests I was there for I always Passed. D's & C's were Passing.
using common sense made it easy.
I Had a Hatred for School & Teachers. still Pretty Much Do.
the exception ;Teachers in the Family.

What I didn't Know, I Taught Myself after, in libraries and on the net.
like History, Geography & Spelling.
I think I was born Reading,:tongue3: I always remember being able to read & count :tongue3:

Math I Use a Calculator or ask here :coffee2:

proper Sentence Structure ? Screw that ! I Lived to 67 . It Hasn't Killed me yet :coffee2:

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I made it all the way Through 12th. even though I had all Records for days off, from 1st though 12th. especially when reports needed to be turned in. when I would be asked later , I always said I did that ! :o you lose it Again ? :o :( ! Why always Me ? :( seemed to work.
tests I was there for I always Passed. D's & C's were Passing.
using common sense made it easy.
I Had a Hated for School & Teachers. still Pretty Much Do.

What I didn't Know, I Taught Myself after, in libraries and on the net.
like History, Geography & Spelling.
I think I was born Reading,:tongue3: I always remember being able to read & count :tongue3:

Math I Use a Calculator or ask here :coffee2:
Common sense is a top quality trait.
It seems that it's lost when looking at the simple things in life.

Finances-they don't teach that in the school system.
101-folks
Learn everything to do with basic living/spending/saving/investing/and making it.
Nope they rather teach some silly ass courses on something that folks will starve with.

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not excusing willful ignorance, but a lot of these young people don’t know these things because someone couldn’t be bothered enough to teach them. Everything we learn has to be taught by someone or experienced in life and I don’t see a lot of either going on for these inner city kids. It’s sad really and it won’t be corrected until older people step up and become mentors to these kids. They are definitely not going to get it in most of our public school systems.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:as Soon as their first Pay check Comes,
and they feel they still get a whole 15% take home :laughing7:

upside ? I'm 67 and just fired the Nurse
who was stopping by too Many times to check my Pulse.
I know if it's Beating, don't need her to say see you tomorrow ! :coffee2:
Same situation here. Go to Wally world get a bp cuff & a pulse oximeter. I do mine several times a day. They're Covered by most insurance no copay. Most of my doc visits I've gotten down to phone consults. Sure a lot less stressful & my cardiologist wants me to avoid stress. Simple fix. Do it yourself. Do we really need a home nurse or a trip across town to a docs office full of sick people. To tell us what we can see ourselves?

lsig

Apr 12, 2021
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Seahunter MK II
Garrett Apex
Fisher 1280X
JW Fisher Pulse 8x
Minelab Equinox 600
Retired detectors on the wall
Whites 6000 SL Pro x 2
Whites 5000
Whites Surf Pi
Garrett Seahunter 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MIND BLOWING - Our Youth Knows NOTHING!​

if this is where The Education System has Gone, Every Single Teacher Should Be fired !

These people are the ones that will starve when this thing pops off in a few months. It's all by design.
Sad

Oct 26, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

if this is where The Education System has Gone, Every Single Teacher Should Be fired !

While I agree that this is a very unacceptable situation (and that many of our youth are severely lacking in even basic knowledge), you do a disservice with your latter statement to the teachers who are doing a tremendous quality job (In full disclosure, our oldest daughter is a teacher). The problem is that those administrators and government representatives who are in charge in some struggling districts all over the country aren't doing what is necessary to correct such deficiencies. Why don't they and you focus on trying to improve those individual teachers who are deficient in these types of responsibilities rather than a blanket condemnation of those who are actually dedicated to and doing a great job for their students? Shame on you! Or if you were only referring to the teacher(s) involved in this specific incident, we can give you a "pass." However, from your quotation/statement, it didn't come across that way.

jimfaul

Aug 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Teachers can teach but cant force a kid to learn. The problem with education these days is that the parents are not holding the kids accountable and teachers are not being allowed to discipline or even fail kids that are not doing well. My significant other is literally forced to change grades by school administrators and parents because they cant accept the reality that the kid is not as smart or as capable as they want them to be. If a kid is lazy or not interested in learning its no longer the kids fault its the teachers fault. That makes zero sense to me.

Rev Keith

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The terrifying part of this is most of these folks appear to be voting age.....,

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These people are the ones that will starve when this thing pops off in a few months. It's all by design.
Sad
Been saying for years, when things let go the only people left will be the homeless, they have learned to survive without the frills. I met a homeless guy and over a burger. We were laughing at some teens wanting a drink of water but the soda machine was off to be cleaned before closing. My transient friend rattled off every faucet & drinking fountain in the area. He was befuddled and said, "what da mean" there's plenty to drink!" We parted, he needed to go sweep the sidewalk in front of another restaurant in exchange for leftovers which will be his breakfast. I've invited him several times to have a burger with me. With his attitude and what he's learned I'm positive he'll be one of the few left after all the kids expire.

Ya know? He's always got a book with him. Never realized that till just now.

Hot tip from my friend! You can charge your cell phone while reading under the lights after the library closes "without the cops hassling you".

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
a big part of the problem is just perception. Every news story on TV or that your read on line.... EVERY one of them is designed to provoke a response. And why? because if you tune in or click on an article.... it generates advertising income. The madder they can make you the more money they will make.

In all actuality, how many of you guys are living a life that sucks? I sure do not. My life is great. And even though I own guns, I don't feel the need to hole up in a bunker or join a militia.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I agree that this is a very unacceptable situation (and that many of our youth are severely lacking in even basic knowledge), you do a disservice with your latter statement to the teachers who are doing a tremendous quality job (In full disclosure, our oldest daughter is a teacher). The problem is that those administrators and government representatives who are in charge in some struggling districts all over the country aren't doing what is necessary to correct such deficiencies. Why don't they and you focus on trying to improve those individual teachers who are deficient in these types of responsibilities rather than a blanket condemnation of those who are actually dedicated to and doing a great job for their students? Shame on you! Or if you were only referring to the teacher(s) involved in this specific incident, we can give you a "pass." However, from your quotation/statement, it didn't come across that way.
It is far more than just 1 teacher. It is thousands of teachers nationwide, and the school boards they work for as well as the parents who do not get involved and observe what is being taught.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
while I disagree with much of what is being said here.... I can tell you with 100% certainty... you would not like where health (sex-ed) is going in the elementary schools. I am a screaming blue dog liberal from the soviet of Washington, and I find it offensive.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at least the first guy was curious :laughing7:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What excuses? Today's kids can count money and tell time too. If you talked to some kids you would know this but obviously you don't talk to anyone under the age of 50. I find this entire thread appalling, why are we even doing this - comparing the different generations on their intellectual levels? I thought this was treasure hunting forum.
“Younger people haven't had as much time to learn, even if they wanted to, compared to us.” That could be an excuse as to why a college age kid can’t do simple math or tell time.

I’ve got young adult children and they are very intelligent. Both have college degrees and both could count money as young children.

Inner cities produce a percentage of high schoolers that have child like intelligence. Not so much in small rural populations. There is a lot of neglect going on throughout the school years by teachers in order for a 16-18 year old to have such poor basic knowledge. They must be sending them home with passing grades which apparently doesn’t raise any red flags with parents. I’d still be wondering why my kids were such idiots and still getting passing grades. Does ultimately come down to the parents. That I agree with that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread