Whites DFX, Tesoro Silver Saber Plus, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jay Leno had this bit when he hosted the Tonight Show called J-Walking. Same this but done on College Campuses. When a child comes home with homework, the parent should look over their shoulder to see what is happening. You can't just fault the teachers, the parents also have a responsibility in the education of the child. So......
I taught my kids to count money and tell time as well as to read. Basic parenting that’s not happening in todays non-nuclear family (in some places).

Last edited:

Slim_Pickins

Feb 26, 2014
Lincoln Park, Mi
Detector(s) used
I have 2 white's coinmasters and 1 Garrett ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MIND BLOWING - Our Youth Knows NOTHING!​

if this is where The Education System has Gone, Every Single Teacher Should Be fired !

Maybe I should go and take the sat.. Cause I feel like a genius now. Wow! Our education system has failed us big time. No wonder we are in the shape we are in..

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hooked on watching police body cam footage. It puts the things these folks deal with into perspective. As well as the condition of the larger city’s. Unreal.

It’s a crazy world out there. I appreciate the shit out of anyone willing to walk into that each day.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It’s a crazy world out there....

You know what's crazy? I'll tell you what's crazy... I know 6 kids in their early 20's that work in tech jobs. Each one of them STARTED at over 150K in wages and benefits and 3 years later are over 200K. Two of them bought houses at over 1 mil, and they are pretty normal 3-4 bedroom homes too, nothing fancy ( in my book seem like $350,000 houses, but what do I know). The others rent, two of them in Manhattan and pay about $4,500/month rent for 650 sq. feet! None of them have to go to work 5 days a week, the most any of them go in for is 3 days every other week. The rest is work from home. One of them has no fixed address, never has to go in and moves every month to a new spot just to enjoy the journey. None of them actually MAKE, or are involved with MAKING anything/product that you can hold in your hand. All of them do computer, tech, cyber....STUFF... When you ask them just what it is that they do/make.... the answer might as well be Chinese. One of them says that 30% of his job is "contemplating personal ideas that might lead to some future big idea." Not one of them is older than 26.

I haven't actually paid a bill with a check or cash in I don't know when. I couldn't tell you the last time I ever got an actual "paycheck". All my money is shifted around with key strokes...through the ether I guess. What I would like, what I UNDERSTAND is gold and silver coins, or currency WORTH gold and silver coins. Something tangible that I can hold in my hand and say "this has value".

Of course it's "WOW, just WOW".... every generation gets to reinvent America and the world because they GET TO! We did too. My parents/grandparents would never have approved of many things I did or even understood my motivations. As far as schooling goes.... My parents both had to learn Latin and write cursive with ink pens dipped in ink wells at school, while Ma rode a horse to school and both used the outhouse when they had to go. Dad used to bring his shotgun to school and keep it in the principals office so he could shoot pheasants on the way home.

Sure things change, some good, some bad.... I won't be here in another 20 years to bother about it.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a crazy world out there....

You know what's crazy? I'll tell you what's crazy... I know 6 kids in their early 20's that work in tech jobs. Each one of them STARTED at over 150K in wages and benefits and 3 years later are over 200K. Two of them bought houses at over 1 mil, and they are pretty normal 3-4 bedroom homes too, nothing fancy ( in my book seem like $350,000 houses, but what do I know). The others rent, two of them in Manhattan and pay about $4,500/month rent for 650 sq. feet! None of them have to go to work 5 days a week, the most any of them go in for is 3 days every other week. The rest is work from home. One of them has no fixed address, never has to go in and moves every month to a new spot just to enjoy the journey. None of them actually MAKE, or are involved with MAKING anything/product that you can hold in your hand. All of them do computer, tech, cyber....STUFF... When you ask them just what it is that they do/make.... the answer might as well be Chinese. One of them says that 30% of his job is "contemplating personal ideas that might lead to some future big idea." Not one of them is older than 26.

I haven't actually paid a bill with a check or cash in I don't know when. I couldn't tell you the last time I ever got an actual "paycheck". All my money is shifted around with key strokes...through the ether I guess. What I would like, what I UNDERSTAND is gold and silver coins, or currency WORTH gold and silver coins. Something tangible that I can hold in my hand and say "this has value".

Of course it's "WOW, just WOW".... every generation gets to reinvent America and the world because they GET TO! We did too. My parents/grandparents would never have approved of many things I did or even understood my motivations. As far as schooling goes.... My parents both had to learn Latin and write cursive with ink pens dipped in ink wells at school, while Ma rode a horse to school and both used the outhouse when they had to go. Dad used to bring his shotgun to school and keep it in the principals office so he could shoot pheasants on the way home.

Sure things change, some good, some bad.... I won't be here in another 20 years to bother about it.
Difference is, the young successful adults you speak of can actually count money and tell time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread