WOW, What an Awesome Thanksgiving

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
WOW!! What an Awesome Thanksgiving!?! I sure have a lot to be thankful for. Not only did I enjoy some great family time and counted lots of personal blessings, but I finally got to go MD at a new spot that I have wanted to go to for a long time but the opportunity never presented itself before. I hit the spot on the way to the in-laws because I had to drive separately from my wife and it was on the way. It is a long story why I had so much time on my hands to go MD, but I’m not going there. I got to the site late in the day and only had 1-½ hours to MD. I found $4+ in change and a couple of earrings. There was so much area and I knew I just scratched the surface. Day 2 was 4 hours and I came up with $9.98, 2 silver rings and 2 more silver earrings. I was really pumped now and I was only half done. Day 3 was 6 hours and $16.68, 2 more silver rings, 2 gold rings, 3 ¼ gold plated rings. (I assume the ¼ ring was hit by a lawn mower.) I still had a fourth of the area to cover. Day 4 was 4 hours and I came away with $6.80 in change and one more earring. What a fantastic time!! On the way home last night I was by myself again and there was another place I wanted to hit but I wasn’t exactly sure where it was. I only heard about it. I checked on my maps program and picked out two likely spots where it could be. The first spot was a dud and I am not sure I found what I was looking for at the second spot either, but it was dark by now and it looked like it might be a good spot to try. I parked the car and walked over to a volley ball court. The first target was the Emerald and diamond, gold ring at about 8”-10” deep. My mind was about to explode with excitement, because this area was bigger than the first site where I was so successful. Two hours of MD in the dark with only a hint of light from a street light in the parking lot and I came up with another 6 pennies. I am not complaining though, this ring is the best I have found so far. I’m thinking it might be a Christmas present to the wife. This is the kind of story only other people have to tell. 15-½ hours of MD and I came away with over $37 in change and 10 ¼ rings. The photo of the trash is only half of what I found. I did a LOT of digging. I think I doubled my ring finds for the last 1-½ years in just one week of “Thanksgiving”. This past week’s success gave me new confidence to do the research and give it a try. I hope all your Thanksgivings were as blessed as mine. ;D

Attachments

• Img_1253.jpg
    Img_1253.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 690
  • Img_1242.jpg
    Img_1242.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 687
  • Img_1244.jpg
    Img_1244.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 678
  • Img_1247.jpg
    Img_1247.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 681
  • Img_1249.jpg
    Img_1249.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 670
Upvote 0

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Far out! Terrific finds. Great clad numbers and truly outstanding jewelry! Sounds like you need to go back to the last spot during the day...who knows?

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a haul :o, congrat's.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the gold! You should smelt it down and make your own jewelry with it!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Now that's what I call fun!! WTG! Sounds like you had a ball digging. I need to be as lucky. :'(

Thanks for sharing your finds and Happy Hunting!
Moon

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
Nice Ring!

Maybe if you do give it to the wife, she will forgive you, and not make you drive by yourself! Course, that would cut into the MD'ing time. Hmm, quite a conundrum.

Congrats
vegasmtl

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holey cow what a haul you got.... dang good work ... lordy I love that emerald ring ...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Aren't you Natman's young boy ;) Excellent job on the ring's and clad !!!

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Thanks for looking.
It was exciting to find it all.... Yes, I have considered melting down the gold at some time in the future to make my own jewelry, but for now, I am just filling up a can to someday put in a display case. I only have a total of 6 gold rings, so I will have to find some more. The biggest gold ring I ever found was a class ring that I was able to return thru the help of the internet, so I'm just finding more to take its place.... No, I didn't have time to eat lunch two of the four days and the night I found the emerald ring I ate a bowl of ice cream for dinner when I got home at 9 PM. :D

Ya'al are mighty kind to comment on my treasures. May all your hunts be successful.

Ralph

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul, that is a lot of digging and deep knee bends! HH, Mike

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Mama's gona love her new ring come Christmas! Congrats on a terrific Thanksgiving hunt. HH

Desertfox

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think thats more rings than I have ever found. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread