Wow!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everbody! I just wanted to share my thoughts. So I got the X-Terra Pro in today. After swinging the Simplex for the last 2 years, I was not sure what to expect with all the Simplex vs. X-Terra Pro hype. Right away the quality was impressive. After assembly I noticed how well balanced & easy it is to swing, feels lighter than Simplex for some reason. The adjustable handle/control box helps you get real comfy. Charging very simple, easier than Simplex- no having to unscrew cables. Momentary pinpoint is fantastic just like my old XT 505 (no more sore thumb from the stiff Simplex button). Those tones, man those tones! So smooth and easy on the ears (like my old 505). Less ear fatigue than Simplex IMO. Just swinging in my backyard for a few minutes started to convince me. Nokta has some work to do to match the X-Terra Pro. Hoping to get it out in the field tomorrow to better verify things, but side by side I think the Minelab is just a better machine than the Simplex. I still like the Simplex though, it is a great machine😉

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear this. My most recent machine was an Equinox 600 which I sold to a good friend of mine. I had bought it right after the big Equinox release years ago. It had just been sitting and I wasn’t getting out to do any detecting so my friend had mentioned he would like to buy it so…
Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I was on YouTube and caught the words “Xterra Pro” in a video title. My curiosity got the best of me as I have owned a few of the older XTerra models from back in the day( very good machines in case you haven’t used one). I was hooked and motivated at the same time. I did see a lot of videos comparing the Simplex to the XTerra Pro. I have a Nokta pinpointer that I have used for years now and it’s great. I almost went with the Simplex but I am a Minelab fanboy 110%. I think I made a good choice and I will find out more this weekend when I take my XTerra Pro out for its maiden voyage.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear this. My most recent machine was an Equinox 600 which I sold to a good friend of mine. I had bought it right after the big Equinox release years ago. It had just been sitting and I wasn’t getting out to do any detecting so my friend had mentioned he would like to buy it so…
Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I was on YouTube and caught the words “Xterra Pro” in a video title. My curiosity got the best of me as I have owned a few of the older XTerra models from back in the day( very good machines in case you haven’t used one). I was hooked and motivated at the same time. I did see a lot of videos comparing the Simplex to the XTerra Pro. I have a Nokta pinpointer that I have used for years now and it’s great. I almost went with the Simplex but I am a Minelab fanboy 110%. I think I made a good choice and I will find out more this weekend when I take my XTerra Pro out for its maiden voyage.
I really think ML knocked it out of the park with this new machine. I owned an X-Terra 505 and loved that machine, I was just itching to try something else and later I really missed it. The tones are so easy on the ears, (never used a Nox, but I expect the tones may be the same) much less ear fatigue than others I have swung. This new X-Terra has those same tones. Heading out in a bit for maiden voyage. Hunted out farm field that stopped producing much for me, although I pulled a 1953 wheat a couple days ago with the Simplex and stock coil. Happy Hunting and keep us posted! Scott

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am glad to hear that the Equinox coils will work on the XTerra Pro but I wonder if the small Equinox coil is any better than the V8X coil that is made for the XTerra Pro.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like that stock V12X considering how big it is. I just posted my finds here from todays park hunt. Dug a very small 10k gold ring! I think the V10X or V8X would be just fine. Those ML brand 6" coils are probably great, I had one on my X-Terra 505 and it was a total sniper in trashy spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread