W

WRECKING

May 11, 2021
Switzerland
Detector(s) used
Custom
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I would not worry, to find detailed information/ Proof then to raise the finance and then to be in a position to put a team together to after the goods, would be a lot of work with a chance of finding nothing and letting your investors down, too much hassle. I have a 3x 3 mile box with coaters, 17kg, minimum, all the paper work and x marks the spot, three years, and still haven?t got to it, so ill I?m no risk to you.
Michael_York_Nazi_Gold.jpg

Is this what you were looking for? You can still find it on Amazon.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an interesting book titled "Lore of the wreckers". i can't remember if it goes into details of salvage in the Bahamas. I am not interested in selling my copy, but it is available on Amazon. At the very least, it might provide good background. https://www.amazon.com/Lore-wreckers-Birse-Shepard/dp/B0007E5ZA4

Ya know....I thought I would pic up a copy of that book !!......I will have to find more pieces of eight first, that sucker is expensive !! Screenshot_20210707-183126_Samsung Internet.jpg

whydahdiver

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the John Carter Brown library at Brown University also, fantastic collection.

WD

OP
OP
W

WRECKING

May 11, 2021
Switzerland
Detector(s) used
Custom
Primary Interest:
Other
Divers_hands.jpg

This one is for the "wannabe" treasure hunters.

A dagger handle from a 1700 shipwreck.
The important part of this picture, are the hand holding the dagger handle. Look closely at these hands. They are the hands of a treasure diver. Do you notice something?
Yeah, it is hard work!!!!

OP
OP
W

WRECKING

May 11, 2021
Switzerland
Detector(s) used
Custom
Primary Interest:
Other
Watling, the pirate

Watling_buccaneer.jpg

Did Watling come back from the South Seas?

What do we know about Watling from Watling island? Is it really him who took part in the South Sea caper?

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/606209-i-found-treasure-map-but-gypsy-graves-handwriting.html

One of my favorite islands wrecking......im very familiar with this island and have read all I could on watling, including what you have posted in the last post. Perhaps you should read the link ive posted....you will find it interesting !! I have been very close to digging here and was on the island for some very interesting times.....I have seen gold fever infect half the island and get everyone on the island excited. I have found coins that shouldn't be there, and my sons God father lives at the Columbus landing site !! Might go ambergris hunt next month, if I'm not treasure diving with the bronze canon Corp. Guys !! Very nice to have friends/family on the island....many great loyalist treasures still remain on the island, and other amazing things have been found over the years !! The treasure of fortune hill has been given estimates that reach into the billions !! I would explain more but its all here in the link ive posted....it would take me a week to rewrite it all down again. A genuine mega treasure on an epic scale !! Please click on the other link guys its a great story, and I somehow got myself right up in the middle of it all....talk of a book has been floated around and I'd love to interview all my friends and other players involved before they all die off or the facts have faded to memories!!

OP
OP
W

WRECKING

May 11, 2021
Switzerland
Detector(s) used
Custom
Primary Interest:
Other
shipwreck? newspaper

Can anybody recommend a good software for cleaning up this type of pictures? LA_ROSA_INDENTURED_AFRICANS.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• 3CE0FF5B-7F3A-47D2-8A92-CD79465BF20A_1_201_a.jpeg
    3CE0FF5B-7F3A-47D2-8A92-CD79465BF20A_1_201_a.jpeg
    515.6 KB · Views: 114

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The editing program that comes with the image/picture on the Mac is pretty basic and I have really a newbie experience in editing.
Washing it can be done after one figures out the technique. I fooled around with the smudged areas a bit and between the double (agree) LL's 2nd line to the bottom.
Seems that I had to wash, then go back and redo to get some original toning.
Just like doing un-doodling :)

OP
OP
W

WRECKING

May 11, 2021
Switzerland
Detector(s) used
Custom
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you PJ. Great job.
While we are at it, would you tell me how the get the pictures big in a post. My pictures always come out very small, no matter what the original size of the picture is.

Thank you for the help.

OP
OP
W

WRECKING

May 11, 2021
Switzerland
Detector(s) used
Custom
Primary Interest:
Other
Now, going to the content of the newspaper notice.

It says "indentured Africans" Not slaves. What would be the difference? Maybe slaves without an owner?

It also names a schooner. My guess is that this might be a wrecking schooner that picked up the Africans from a shipwreck. Did the wrecking boat pick up the Africans from the Wrecked ship "La Rosa"?

Brig "Atrevido" and brig "Johanna" Wrecking vessels were usually not brigs. Where these brigs maybe sailing in company with the ship (larger vessel) "La Rosa". Spanish names?

Could the following scenario maybe be true? The ship "La Rosa" wrecked.
There were a number of Africans on board.
The vessels that went to assist the wrecked ship, brought the Africans to Nassau.
Somebody had to take care of the Africans. Had to feed them and maybe clothe them.
Whomever did that, did not become the owner of the Africans, but maybe got paid by putting the Africans to work.

And the rest of the story? Where did the "La Rosa" get wrecked? I have a possible location, but there is still a lot of digging to do until we get the whole story.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Servants got paid and were treated well... and learned trades and skills... educated.. clotheed.... aka taken care of better... lived in a house etc.

Indentured meant it was for set period of time if i am not mistaken.

Slaves on the other hand... were poorly treated.... shackled etc. kept out etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions