SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground was thawed enough today to give my new Legend a test run in my backyard. Every detector I have owned has gone through the yard and I didn't think there was much left to find but the Legend suprised me with this set of dog tags. They were way down in the slushy mud. A little detective work and I know the tags belong to Leonard Alois Gombold, Born 1923, died 2013. He lived in the same town as me and I am betting in a neighboring house. I will work on getting the tags to his descendents.
Dog Tags.jpg

Upvote 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground was thawed enough today to give my new Legend a test run in my backyard. Every detector I have owned has gone through the yard and I didn't think there was much left to find but the Legend suprised me with this set of dog tags. They were way down in the slushy mud. A little detective work and I know the tags belong to Leonard Alois Gombold, Born 1923, died 2013. He lived in the same town as me and I am betting in a neighboring house. I will work on getting the tags to his descendents.
View attachment 2019631
Cool!!! Congrats!!!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and good work on tracking down the family. Honorable mention vote from me, it has been earned IMO.

stay safe and keep swingin.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it,s cool to return a long lost item to someone who appreciates it.One of the great things about our hobby.Kudos Susan,on your efforts,and a great find in a"hunted out" yard. Honorable mention too.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I found several of his grand children living near me and am sending the dog tags to a granddaughter today.
Excellent, you beat me to it, I was going to suggest this site that helped return mine. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread