Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard rumor that there was a WW2 plane that crashed in the mountains nere the Fortuna foothills just on the eastern outskirts of Yuma,I havent been able to dig up anything online an when I do get info from a local they never know just where it crashed,looking for any help I can find thanks.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info an links Wizzard I'll look into these.

j.n.

Dec 31, 2007
phoenix az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go to Mohawk pass where the RR goes through the Mohawks you will see where a road to the west +/- leaves the old U.S. right-of- way (on the other side of the tracks from Interstate 8) and about 1/2 to 1 mile there is and old crash site that, I was told, was a bamboo bomber that crashed while being flown from California to some where in the east. Not much to see but there is a mine just to the south of the crash and further south (1/4 mile ???) there is the remains of 2 ovens, one was charged but the other was empty. I would guess that ore came from the mine but who knows? I have not been to the ovens for over five to eight years and as they are only approximately 1/4 mile from the old U.S. highway I would be surprised if there is much left. I have known of the ovens for about 50 years and I would hope that they have been left alone but I don't have faith in that has happened.

Jim hamrick

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW J.N ------------ Ok this sounds like a cool little hunt to go on thanks for the info an if anyone makes it out there let us know what ya find or better yet take some pics

thanks again j.n.

AzHal

May 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hi Tank,
My Uncle found the site that I think you are reffering to back in the 50's. It was about 1/2 way up Telegraph pass on the south side of the road. He retrived a large caliber machine gun from it maybe a 50 cal. not sure. He started bringing it down the mountain and it got to be to heavy for him. He said that he laid it down and got he's bearings and headed back into town for help. Mind you in the 50's Telegraph pass was a long ways from Yuma. He found help and headed back and was unable to ever find the weapon.
I have heard of many stories of repeating rifles in crates that were found and when gone back to retrive them the person could not find the same spot again.
I am a native of Yuma maybe we could get together some time and swap lies, good luck in your endevours. Hal

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Hal sent you
PM :icon_thumright:

malady

May 28, 2007
Florida
BLACKFOOT said:
IF IT IS OVER FIFTY YEARS OLD IT IS UNDER THE FEDERAL ANTIGUES ACT OFF LIMITS !!!!!!!

So does that mean if I find a 1950 coin I have to put it back where I found it? Whats the point of MDing then?

Malady

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
malady said:
BLACKFOOT said:
IF IT IS OVER FIFTY YEARS OLD IT IS UNDER THE FEDERAL ANTIGUES ACT OFF LIMITS !!!!!!!

So does that mean if I find a 1950 coin I have to put it back where I found it? Whats the point of MDing then?

Malady
Shush is the operative word . Take what you find and scram with a closed mouth .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread