WWI-era ammunition round found filled with antique coins, bills

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
A Michigan family made a bombshell discovery this weekend when they discovered a non-live WWI-era ammunition round was
filled with treasure.
The family was cleaning out its house when they came across what they believed to be a live ammunition round and contacted
authorities, Michigan State Police said on Twitter.

10/23: MSP Bomb Squad assisted
@LansingPolice
over the weekend at a residence. Subjects cleaning out a family members house came across what they believed to be a live
ammunition round and called police. Bomb squad conducted an x-ray and determined the round was not live.
11:22 AM · Oct 25, 2021·Twitter

Attachments

• FCjfrI4XoAsT7qD.jpeg
    FCjfrI4XoAsT7qD.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 69
  • FCjfrI5XEAwD7iZ.jpeg
    FCjfrI5XEAwD7iZ.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 64

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don,t think that,s a real shell.No place for a fuse either in the nose or base,No driving band.I can,t tell if the base plug,s threaded. Probably one of those fakes sold for use exactly as this one was.A hiding place for goodies.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don,t think that,s a real shell.No place for a fuse either in the nose or base,No driving band.I can,t tell if the base plug,s threaded. Probably one of those fakes sold for use exactly as this one was.A hiding place for goodies.
i have found 5 rounds like that in the calif desert, and they were 5 inch rocket warheads.
the nose fuse area had a sharp pointed plug in it with no fuse and the base was like the base plug shown. since it had no fuse i opened one and found sand plaster filling the warhead.
i found them 5 foot underground with my metal detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread