Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Checking in from Rye Patch, NV. Still here full-time. Beautiful mining camp.

Clay thanks for all you do for us. Without you I would not be up here right now. Your knowledge passed on to me got me in the door. Thank you.

When WWIII starts and it will soon will gold mining be outlawed?

I say bring it on. Try shutting us down.

Chuck

Upvote 5

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How much of history will be repeated this time around?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted, if you want to post political comments please go to our politics forum under charter Member, it does not belong in this forum. Those who continue to post politics will lose posting privileges.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Scrambling every day now to lay in supplies for the mining camp. We are focused on being able to process gold as was done in the 1800’s. This is because we are convinced we are soon not to have a choice in this matter.

There are shortages of 10-ply tires, oil filters, fan belts, tin roofing, shelving… the list goes on.

We have plenty of water and the water rights to use it. 8k of solar running. But replacement parts are getting hard to find… one bad chip and your machine may be toast.

Best to think like the old-timers. We are lucky to have artesian wells above our operation. Stocking up on black pipe early on was a good move.

We are gold miners ready for WWIII. No leaching for us… just processing gold the old-fashioned way. Out in the middle of nowhere but it sure is pretty.

We expect to see many others heading our way as economic conditions worsen. I think it is going to get really really bad.

Any one of you are welcome to work our claims when the time comes. Get back to the Mining District way of things. There’s plenty of the shiny here for everyone to prosper.

Chuck

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Scrambling every day now to lay in supplies for the mining camp. We are focused on being able to process gold as was done in the 1800’s. This is because we are convinced we are soon not to have a choice in this matter.

There are shortages of 10-ply tires, oil filters, fan belts, tin roofing, shelving… the list goes on.

We have plenty of water and the water rights to use it. 8k of solar running. But replacement parts are getting hard to find… one bad chip and your machine may be toast.

Best to think like the old-timers. We are lucky to have artesian wells above our operation. Stocking up on black pipe early on was a good move.

We are gold miners ready for WWIII. No leaching for us… just processing gold the old-fashioned way. Out in the middle of nowhere but it sure is pretty.

We expect to see many others heading our way as economic conditions worsen. I think it is going to get really really bad.

Any one of you are welcome to work our claims when the time comes. Get back to the Mining District way of things. There’s plenty of the shiny here for everyone to prosper.

Chuck
Can we see some pics of your op yet or maybe some gold shots?
Gt ...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is gold considered a critical metal?
FDR may have not considered it to be?

Just don't really know if it is considered to be or not.
The military is not clearly saying it is unless I'm wrong here.
1. Today gold IS a critical metal for the military because it is crucial for electronics.
2. producing gold was never forbidden, running a large scale gold mine was for the simple and patriotic reason that we needed those skilled miners to focus on producing more copper, lead, molybdenum, etc for the war effort.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, no politics please.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Today gold IS a critical metal for the military because it is crucial for electronics.
2. producing gold was never forbidden, running a large scale gold mine was for the simple and patriotic reason that we needed those skilled miners to focus on producing more copper, lead, molybdenum, etc for the war effort.
You forgot fresh meat for the war machine...
Lot of them ole boys just went to fight the dadgum Nazis....
Was the patriotic thing to do back then...
Gt

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup gold tramp the real commodity is spilt blood. To roughly quote MASH the difference between war and Hell is there aren’t any innocent bystanders in Hell.

With all the craziness I can’t wait to get back out to the woods for the season, work my ass off chucking cobble all day and drift off to sleep to the sounds of the creek.

Attachments

• F8F5380D-03E7-4E87-BCE4-6652C5437907.jpeg
    F8F5380D-03E7-4E87-BCE4-6652C5437907.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup gold tramp the real commodity is spilt blood. To roughly quote MASH the difference between war and Hell is there aren’t any innocent bystanders in Hell.

With all the craziness I can’t wait to get back out to the woods for the season, work my ass off chucking cobble all day and drift off to sleep to the sounds of the creek.
Nice looking spot would love to spend a little time up in that Country nice n green living in the desert one really appreciates a pic like that.
I'm hoping to make it up to hayfork soon visit some family....
Maybe camp next to a creek...
Gt ...

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like most wars this war is mostly about politics with some economic issues along with it. One can get time out for pointing out any politics.

For anyone interested the following is the draft list of 50 mineral commodities:

On behalf of the Secretary, the Associate Director for Natural Hazards exercising the authority of the Director of the U.S. Geological Survey presents here a draft list of 50 mineral commodities proposed for inclusion on the 2021 list of critical minerals: Aluminum, antimony, arsenic, barite, beryllium, bismuth, cerium, cesium, chromium, cobalt, dysprosium, erbium, europium, fluorspar, gadolinium, gallium, germanium, graphite, hafnium, holmium, indium, iridium, lanthanum, lithium, lutetium, magnesium, manganese, neodymium, nickel, niobium, palladium, platinum, praseodymium, rhodium, rubidium, ruthenium, samarium, scandium, tantalum, tellurium, terbium, thulium, tin, titanium, tungsten, vanadium, ytterbium, yttrium, zinc, and zirconium.

Much of the increase in the number of mineral commodities, from 35 commodities and groups on the final 2018 list to 50 commodities on the 2021 draft list, is the result of splitting the rare earth elements and platinum group elements into individual entries rather than including them as mineral groups. In addition, the 2021 draft list adds nickel and zinc and removes helium, potash, rhenium, and strontium. The Energy Act of 2020 explicitly excluded fuel minerals from the definition of a critical mineral and the Mining and Mineral Policy Act of 1970 [3] formally defined uranium as a mineral fuel, so uranium was not evaluated for inclusion on the 2021 draft list of critical minerals.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/11/09/2021-24488/2021-draft-list-of-critical-minerals

The Energy Act of 2020, Section 7002(c)(4)(A), defined critical minerals as those which:

(i) “are essential to the economic or national security of the United States;

(ii) the supply chain of which is vulnerable to disruption (including restrictions associated with foreign political risk, abrupt demand growth, military conflict, violent unrest, anti-competitive or protectionist behaviors, and other risks through-out the supply chain); and

(iii) serve an essential function in the manufacturing of a product (including energy technology-, defense-, currency-, agriculture-, consumer electronics-, and healthcare-related applications), the absence of which would have significant consequences for the economic or national security of the United States.”

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many youtubers always pumping the "confiscation" fears and telling people the government will come take your gold "like before".

It amazes me that people dont know any better and dont know history when it comes to their money.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many youtubers always pumping the "confiscation" fears and telling people the government will come take your gold "like before".

It amazes me that people dont know any better and dont know history when it comes to their money.
Correct history shows that the "Confiscation" was not taking place. The "Authority" is still not there yet except in a war time case.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There must be some 'energy technology-, defense' documents out there that will shed more light on critical minerals. Anyone come across these documents?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If a mine even pulls out some of the above minerals as part of the extraction process of mining, then how can sitting "Orders" restrict a given mine?

Bluegrassriver

Oct 18, 2008
Kentucky near the Ohio River!
Back in 1933, U.S dollars had to backed by gold and silver in the vaults. Not now. One of FDR's first acts as president, therefore, was to declare the fact that Americans were withdrawing their gold and currency from the beleaguered banking system "a national emergency." He was trying to stop the depression, massive unemployment, and a run on the banks. It wasn't a secret government conspiracy.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back in 1933, U.S dollars had to backed by gold and silver in the vaults. Not now. One of FDR's first acts as president, therefore, was to declare the fact that Americans were withdrawing their gold and currency from the beleaguered banking system "a national emergency." He was trying to stop the depression, massive unemployment, and a run on the banks. It wasn't a secret government conspiracy.
What was the authority?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will the bank runs that are starting in China have any impact?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread