x marks the spot

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190225_081554.jpg looks like it says ORO with an X under the R. I went there , my metal detector only reads 10 inches deep. I found nothing to speak of. it is a curious spot anyways. the whole area smelled like snakes . and I scared up a javelina . The brush started shaking and making noise. I knew whatever it was had size to it. I had no where to hide or climb. got scared fast. then I saw that big old hairy pig bolt out of the brush. my heart dang near stopped. thankfully it was as scared as me . and ran away. made me wish I was not alone. I do not think a metal detector would work well for self defense. I did leave my detector on and screaming for the rest of my hike. as a warning to all wild pigs that I am coming through. lol. I am not going back. I don't like snakes. lol

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty scary situation lol

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1729068 looks like it says ORO with an X under the R. I went there , my metal detector only reads 10 inches deep. I found nothing to speak of. it is a curious spot anyways. the whole area smelled like snakes . and I scared up a javelina . The brush started shaking and making noise. I knew whatever it was had size to it. I had no where to hide or climb. got scared fast. then I saw that big old hairy pig bolt out of the brush. my heart dang near stopped. thankfully it was as scared as me . and ran away. made me wish I was not alone. I do not think a metal detector would work well for self defense. I did leave my detector on and screaming for the rest of my hike. as a warning to all wild pigs that I am coming through. lol. I am not going back. I don't like snakes. lol

Hmmm,
Metal detector? Some places just gotta have it :)
Good you had it with you. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol.. hi Russ.. this was not in the wilderness area.. i checked that before i went..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread