X-terra 305....hard-wiring help...please!!!

a.rae.ag

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2022
So I have a minelab x-terra 305 and really need to figure out how to hard-wire the coil to the control box...I have no idea which wires go where because the male and female connections have been removed (long story)...I'll try to attach some pics so you can understand my dilemma better...but basically the control box has 6 wires (blue, red, yellow, black, grey, green) but the coil has 8 (brown, brown/white, blue, blue/white, green, green/white, yellow, yellow/white)...I have hunted the internet and the only thing I can find is which color wire from the control box goes to each pin on the connector pin 1 Blue pin 2 yellow pin 3 green pin 4 Black pin 5 red pin 6 grey But that doesn't exactly help me much...here are a couple pics...i hope I've explained everything ok....let me know if you have any questions for me...thanks so much in advance

Attachments

• 1645637383198.jpg
    1645637383198.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 1645637377742.jpg
    1645637377742.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 45

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I have a minelab x-terra 305 and really need to figure out how to hard-wire the coil to the control box...I have no idea which wires go where because the male and female connections have been removed (long story)...I'll try to attach some pics so you can understand my dilemma better...but basically the control box has 6 wires (blue, red, yellow, black, grey, green) but the coil has 8 (brown, brown/white, blue, blue/white, green, green/white, yellow, yellow/white)...I have hunted the internet and the only thing I can find is which color wire from the control box goes to each pin on the connector pin 1 Blue pin 2 yellow pin 3 green pin 4 Black pin 5 red pin 6 grey But that doesn't exactly help me much...here are a couple pics...i hope I've explained everything ok....let me know if you have any questions for me...thanks so much in advance
why not just see if you can purchase a new coil for the 305 i believe you can still get coils for the Xterra line

OP
OP
A

a.rae.ag

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2022
why not just see if you can purchase a new coil for the 305 i believe you can still get coils for the Xterra line
I unfortunately don't have the means to do that....things have been tight financially lately :(

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent you a message... check the conversation envelope icon to the right of your name at the top of the screen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread