Garrett GTI 2500, ace 250, x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me ask you this, what is better blonde's or brunettes? You want to know if the extra money spent on the E-Trac is worth it. It all depends on how much fun you want to have not the profit you might get.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your wanting the deep silvers in trash everyone else missed, the Minelab E-Trac is the way to go. I ain't called the silver sucker for nuthin! lol

Feel free to give me a call with any questions or for a great deal! Thanks, Bart.

DeArmitt Pa

Jun 7, 2009
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hate to tell you but they are not even in the same ballpark. Now it all depends what kind of hunting you want to do. If you want to be a relic hunter like I am, no question the E-Trac. Coin shooting you would be best to stay with the 505 because even though the E-Trac would still be better, the money differance to buy the E-Trac is just not worth it just to coin shoot.

Just as a note, the E-Trac has a 3 inch depth advantage over the 505 in AIR TESTS. This would increase in real world detecting situations. I am a small dealer and have done lots of tinkering. www.fortbedfordmetaldetectors.com
If you go to the website, I have a detector depth test page you can check out. All these machines were done with out of the box settings.

The way I have my E-Trac set and my experiance with it I probably have a 4.5 inch advantage over the 505.

John DeArmitt
Fort Bedford Metal Detectors

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On thing you'll discover quickly: your arm is going to wear out a lot faster with the E-Trac.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Smudge said:
On thing you'll discover quickly: your arm is going to wear out a lot faster with the E-Trac.
Yep , It's like swinging a bowling ball............ But it will build up your arms or give you a heart attack...........I don't think there is a coin detector out there worth that much money..............

DeArmitt Pa

Jun 7, 2009
Johnstown, Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have swung that E-Trac for 8 hours and I have no problem with it. I even have a SunRay inline probe on the thing. Yes I am a younger guy, but that doesnt mean anything. My father-in-law and business partner Bob swings his E-Trac with probe as long as I do. I will say if your not use to a heavy machine it will tire you out. Just for the new detectorists swinging an E-Trac or any machine really, keep in mind that the further you have that coil out in front of you, the more tired you will get. Just keep the shaft a little shorter and keep the machine closer to your body.

John DeArmitt
Fort Bedford Metal Detectors

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Minelab E-Trac is a bit heavy but you will NOT find a better coin machine on the market, period! Its amazing! It does balance well. There is no perfect machine out but as I said, AWESOME on coins and gold rings!

Feel free to give me a call with any questions.

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time my e-trac bothered me was when I was swinging it on the side of a hill but I agree it is much heavier then my cortes and ace 250.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I still say that is a lot of money for the E-Trac just for hunting coins.............

neuseman

Mar 11, 2011
Beaufort NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Omega 8000
Who cares how much a machine costs. Its all about the sport anyway! If a machine comes out that is 2000 dollars if I wanted it I would buy it. I dont care who thinks there machine is better tha mine I just like to dig for whatever I can find if its a silver quarter or pull tab! At least im not in the house.!!!!!!!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who cares how much a machine costs. Its all about the sport anyway! If a machine comes out that is 2000 dollars if I wanted it I would buy it. I dont care who thinks there machine is better tha mine I just like to dig for whatever I can find if its a silver quarter or pull tab! At least im not in the house.!!!!!!!

If you can afford it yes! Its all about having fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread