X-Terra Officially Discontinued

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The X-Terra Series and the Safari are no longer part of Minelab's recreational detector products.

The current recreational detector product lineup is:

minelab-recreational-products-2021.thumb.jpg.66eb7714ca299cc3e6ed8937dbeec57f.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the machines they retired are just too old technology. A friend of mine has an old, old, Minelab and it's outlived its usefulness. Too much technology changes too fast these days. It's that way with all manufacturers. No need keeping around stuff people don't want any more.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have the X-Terra 70 and the Safari. Both are great detectors. I haven't used either in a long time now, instead I detect with the EQ 800, it is the X-Terra, Safari & the AT Pro rolled into one. I will always keep the others though, we have history together, AND if needed in a pinch, I've got some good backup.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of disappointed hearing this. Heck I was thinking if getting another Xterra...had a few in the past and they were real fun machines. Oh well.....that is how it goes.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow i have the 70 thats my main machine when i do go, I wonder if they will still repair the 70s in the future?

tjhoosier

Sep 12, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
That's too bad, but I guess time marches on. I've got a 705 and it's a great machine and still works just fine. May have to move on up!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did look at the new X-Terra Pro, it would seem to me that you would be getting ALOT of bang for the buck. about $260 dollars?.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will never part with my Xterra 705 one of if not the most under rated detectors to have ever been produced in my opinion, been giving this new Xterra Pro a serious look though

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
?? The X-terra pro been discontinued?
Seriously they already discontinued the Xterra Pro are you sure you arent miss reading that this thread was about the Xterra 305,505 and 705 detectors being discontinued

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread