X35 coil won't pair

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to select that coil in both the remote AND the headphones.

First of all, make sure you entered the correct serial number and did not mix up a letter with a number,, etc..

Then ensure the that coil is being seen by the remote by selecting that coil from the coil menu (Presumably coil 2) and ensuring the remote's speaker is on (the easiest way to do this is cycle power on the remote, then select yes when the "Use Speaker" prompt pops up, the co and select Coil 2). Then test the coil with a test target waived over the coil.

If it is entered as Coil 2 in the remote then go to the headphones and navigate the settings menu until you come to coil and select 2 (or whatever slot you put the x35 coil in on the remote). Let it connect and then see if you can hear it.

Whenever you swap coils in the future, you need to make sure the new coil selected in the remote AND headphones.

HTH

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Vferrari. I entered an 8 in the serial number sequence and with better lighting figured out it was a B. It's all good!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Vferrari. I entered an 8 in the serial number sequence and with better lighting figured out it was a B. It's all good!

Been there done that! Figured it was something like that. Glad you got it sorted out. Let us know what you think of it, Chris.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I have done the same thing-the B & 8 are not eye friendly for me.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey V
Did anyone tell you you’re a walking , talking Deus/Orx man-ual, ?lol.
Actually, you know way more than that. I for one appreciate all you’re
willing to share. Usually much more technical than Carson Chris’s problem.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeh....I attempted tries.....got out the Magnifying glass!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread