Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i got a chance to talk to Barry at Kelleyco. Apparently there was a little water in there, which is never good. He believes it got in thru the volume area.... which is odd since i never move that knob. At least there wasnt much and he believes i caught it in time and he can save the board. I having him change out all the seals and check the pots since hes got it all apart. Might as well fix it now. He also noticed the use of a blue epoxy on the battery cap end which he questioned. Well.... that was some of MLs work not mine. Not sure why he wondered about that. Not going to be a cheap repair...... but its better than having to replace the board or buy another machine. Now i can not think of a thing that hasnt been replaced on the machine.... but the board and battery. All that..... and its still a heck of a machine. I still like it better than my blue. By the way Barry is one nice guy to deal with over there.... if i have any more issues id send it there any time.

Dew

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I just had a big repair done there too. almost a new machine but I've been using the PI now quite a bit Dewey. You know it can find gold!

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deb....little more digging but i liked the finny. If id had enough time to learn those tones i could have cut back on some of those digs. Great machine thou. Les.... yes a new machine would have been put on hold. Dang things are pricy even used now. Funny how you think repair costs are cheap when the price of new one comes up.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread