Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HN,
Just curious, why are you looking for another machine? On the White's forum the 'ole sly fox' has posted a series of programs for the XLT and from the forum comments his programs really work..............63bkpkr

OP
OP
H

huntingNebraska

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2013
Harrisburg, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
whites DFX300 minelab sovereign xs-2 pro tesoro Eldorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i sold it to my brother. so where does the mxt come in at is it a model below dfx?

Last edited:

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While the MXT is a great machine in it's own right, it's not a DFX or V3i. As an XLT user, the transition to DFX will be essentially seamless, to V3i, different, yet familiar. To the MXT - a whole different display, different sound, different feel.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good on ya!
You're going to be wanting to get some smaller coils soon. The 5.3 Eclipse concentric is a good small coil. Of course, I'm hearing lots of good things about the 8x6 inch SEF coil too.
You'll get plenty of recommendations, that's for sure!

OP
OP
H

huntingNebraska

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2013
Harrisburg, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
whites DFX300 minelab sovereign xs-2 pro tesoro Eldorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on ya!
You're going to be wanting to get some smaller coils soon. The 5.3 Eclipse concentric is a good small coil. Of course, I'm hearing lots of good things about the 8x6 inch SEF coil too.
You'll get plenty of recommendations, that's for sure!

thanks for the coils recommendations. that was going to be my next question. is there a link someone could post that would explain the different types of coils. for example i have seen 10"dd...8x6 sef....and even have seen somewhere a butterfly...what is that??? i really like my new detector but the 300 coil is heavy...i guess i am used to the xlt and smaller coil.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the coils recommendations. that was going to be my next question. is there a link someone could post that would explain the different types of coils. for example i have seen 10"dd...8x6 sef....and even have seen somewhere a butterfly...what is that??? i really like my new detector but the 300 coil is heavy...i guess i am used to the xlt and smaller coil.

As far as I know there is no single chart that explains all the various coils available with descriptions of their strengths or weaknesses. White's does have a compatibility chart of their coils for all the current detector models, but that's about it.
It is common to shelve the 300 coil in favor of the D2 (10" DD) and 4x6 eclipse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread