XP 280 Backpack review

ManInTheWaLL

Apr 17, 2022
Well, seems if you can survive without the "labels" on the bag, and can figure out how to put items in your bag without directions... you can find comparable backpacks, or even better, depending upon your preference on Amazon.

I found one better suited for my needs for $29 on Amazon. And I cut out the middle man ( XP ).

OP
OP
EZrider

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, over the years detector companies have been selling us rebranded repackaged gear with a up cost. The past bags, find bags, detector bags felt like more of a after thought and cheaply made. Xp went out of the way to make a purpose built bag that i feel warrants the cost.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my 280... It keeps all the gear in one place, neatly and safely.. When I want to head out, I just grab the pack.

When you have spent as much as we do on a machine, I feel it makes sense to protect that investment,, the 280 does that nicely

Micheal

MDspouse

Jul 13, 2022
Do any of you know if you can fit the XP Deus in the 280 pack without removing the coil from the shaft? and still close the bag with the zipper? Spouse wants to keep them attached most of the time, for example just to carry a short distance.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do any of you know if you can fit the XP Deus in the 280 pack without removing the coil from the shaft? and still close the bag with the zipper? Spouse wants to keep them attached most of the time, for example just to carry a short distance.
Yes. you can leave the coil attached... it is so easy to remove the shaft with the coil and put it in one of the pockets.

Then, just slide the shaft back into the handle when you get to the site.. the whole process take but seconds

Micheal

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best gear bag I have ever had...I have been thru a few too..

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Have had an XP BP for quite awhile. Used it for the XPD1. Filt all 4 coils too. Both 9's, 9x5 and 11" All fit and then some. Now it contains the XPD2 with a 9 and 11" coil. Hopefully one day a FMF @ 9 x 5. Would love to test a new coil from 25 - 75 KHz. Sure that is in the works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread