XP Deus 2: 9" Coil vs 11" Coil

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone test both size coils for the XP Deus? Thoughts?
I haven't tested the 9"coil. I wanted it when I ordered the D2 but settled for the 11". I like the 11" coil. It has good separation, picks up small pewter buttons and cuff links and really hits deep on large cents in all metal mode. It found this really deep one on Sunday and another one in heavy iron on Saturday. This iron nail was in the same hole.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 73

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have both coils. Do well. 11" for a bit more depth and less cluttered areas. 9" for trashy sites. Hoping for a 9x5 soon.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
May I inquire? Your dealer had a separate FMF coil available? Was it the 9” or 11”. Just curious to see if XP is shipping any just coils.
My kit came with a 9", another had a couple of 11's so I bought one of theirs.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
While waiting for the 9” coils I’m getting rather used to the 11” coil, more than I did with the equinox. I still want the 9” but waiting for it isn’t bothering me as much as I thought it would.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both coils. Do well. 11" for a bit more depth and less cluttered areas. 9" for trashy sites. Hoping for a 9x5 soon.
CZ thanks for your reply. I am getting a 11 inch soon and was wondering about the difference. How did you get a second coil ?

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
CZ thanks for your reply. I am getting a 11 inch soon and was wondering about the difference. How did you get a second coil ?
Ordered my kit with the 9" Coil and found someone with a couple of 11's.

mtcooley

Mar 19, 2013
Sanford, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
I think if I were primarily a beach or field hunter then the 11” is a good choice for more coverage. I think the 9” is a good all around coil and gives up very little depth to the 11”. It has better separation in the iron and modern trash.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think if I were primarily a beach or field hunter then the 11” is a good choice for more coverage. I think the 9” is a good all around coil and gives up very little depth to the 11”. It has better separation in the iron and modern trash.
I agree with you, but having the 11” and waiting for the 9” I can say that the 11” surprises me in its ability to separate in iron and modern trash. Still a pleasure to swing.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you, but having the 11” and waiting for the 9” I can say that the 11” surprises me in its ability to separate in iron and modern trash. Still a pleasure to swing.
Impressive thanks What program are you using ?

DukeOBass

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
I had the 9" and the 11" for my original Deus. My machine came with the 9" and I bought the 11" about 2 ½ months later. Once I put the 11" on, I never used my 9" coil again. The 9" is basically like a brand new coil.

My Deus 2 with an 11" coil is supposed arrive on Tuesday. Look forward to going over all of my "old" hammered sites to see what I missed.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In heavy iron I’m favoring sensitive, sensitive full-tones and fast. General is good too, but I’ve been trying others lately. I’m saving deep HC and relic for fields and open woods.
Thanks RTelicmeister !!!

NC DIGGER 1776

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2020
Goldsboro,NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 2
TARSACCI NDT 8000
GARRETT AT MAX
EQUINOX 800
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone test both size coils for the XP Deus? Thoughts?
Good Morning, this may slightly off topic, but I just received my Deus 2 on Sunday..got out yes with 11" Coil.. I literally dug almost a foot for the tiniest piece of aluminum flat and smaller than a dime. When available I will buy a 9" coil but damn the 11" is a killer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread