Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own both machines, and I can not agree with that statement. I have done my own tests and found them to be about the same, when adjusted similarly.
I was finding that the Deus Fast program was not going all that deep, and the Deus Deep program was not very accurate in its target information, but I've really started to like the Deus Hot program because I feel it goes deep and gives good target identification.
I have not tested with data but anecdotally I'd say the Deus Hot program has similar depth to the Equinox in Park mode.

- Brian

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own both machines, and I can not agree with that statement. I have done my own tests and found them to be about the same, when adjusted similarly.
I've done my own side-by-side test in the field with Land-Mag who has a Nox800 & it 100% goes deeper on small Roman Coins in ploughed soil. (That's all I care about, not sure what size your coin test was on, but we have coins 7-8mm?!)

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've done my own side-by-side test in the field with Land-Mag who has a Nox800 & it 100% goes deeper on small Roman Coins in ploughed soil. (That's all I care about, not sure what size your coin test was on, but we have coins 7-8mm?!)
What were the settings on each, though? Were Reactivity/Recovery, sensitivity, and ground balance all roughly equal? That's the problem with comparisons like that, whether is it you, me, or someone else doing it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What were the settings on each, though? Were Reactivity/Recovery, sensitivity, and ground balance all roughly equal? That's the problem with comparisons like that, whether is it you, me, or someone else doing it.
Of course understand that.
With sure differences, the biggest being the multi-feq, no way of doing a 'same settings' on both.
What we did is use our deepest settings for both types of machine & the Nox800 out performed my XP.

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any word on the price tag for the Deus 2? I pre-ordered one through High Plains, and the price listed is $1,599. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the ACTUAL price. I think XP has realized in the last couple of years, that as far as technology goes, there is competition out there now(Nox), and they can't price themselves too far out.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox is allot better than the Deus in my soil as well (Rhode Island). I am hoping the Deus II is close and definitely like the Nox type tones they have coming with it now. I have the Deus II and 11” coil coming so will be putting some comparisons up.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox is allot better than the Deus in my soil as well (Rhode Island). I am hoping the Deus II is close and definitely like the Nox type tones they have coming with it now. I have the Deus II and 11” coil coming so will be putting some comparisons up.
Please add your review to this post, so I can follow it?

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up here on the west coast of Canada, the Deus 'seems' to outperform the nox,, I have been on salt beaches and found items that my partner has missed with his nox.. I had a penny completely enclosed in rust.. The Deus picked it up easily.. the nox; not at all.

This is a subjective test of course... but in my areas of searching, I am definitely going to seriously look at the Deus 11.

Micheal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread