NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What did you all think?
I really like that it is waterproof. I like water hunting. to 60M?!?!?

Salt Environment, look out!

Multi frequency, nice!

Release Date?

I do have a question regarding my XP DEUS RC. It has suddenly started to turn off randomly. I re-installed V.5.21. The unit is out of warranty so I opened it up and looked at the card. There was some oxidation around the central chip. I was thinking there may have been trace current jumping from one leg to another causing this issue. I cleaned it all up, battery unplugged of course. Looks much better and the oxidation is clear after a careful look with a magnifying glass. Unit started right up, but after the first hunt, it started shutting off again. Twice I have seen the battery discharge icon, which i have never seen before, since this has started. Bad battery? This is the 2nd battery for the RC, the original would only give me a few hours hunting before it discharged. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard 20 meters waterproof, but who's counting? I'm just a wader anyhow.

As to your shutting off problem... both I, and a friend, have had that happen to our headphones. She's had it happen several times, I've only see it once on my phones. For both of us, they start right back up with no problem.

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this new machine is so different than the original Deus that I'd have to buy all new coils, headphones and anything else to make it work, leaving all my present Deus equipment collecting dust, I think I'll pass... unless I won the lottery.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If this new machine is so different than the original Deus that I'd have to buy all new coils, headphones and anything else to make it work, leaving all my present Deus equipment collecting dust, I think I'll pass... unless I won the lottery.
I hear you on it collecting dust, but it would be a great back up machine.
Option 2: Sell the present set up and buy the new one.
Option 3: Wait, wonder, wish like most will do.
I have 3 machines that collect dust.
Probably will now unload the Minelab stable, and buy this one if the reviews are great.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As to your shutting off problem... both I, and a friend, have had that happen to our headphones. She's had it happen several times, I've only see it once on my phones. For both of us, they start right back up with no problem.
To 65 ft

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you all think?
I really like that it is waterproof. I like water hunting. to 60M?!?!?

Salt Environment, look out!

Multi frequency, nice!

Release Date?

I do have a question regarding my XP DEUS RC. It has suddenly started to turn off randomly. I re-installed V.5.21. The unit is out of warranty so I opened it up and looked at the card. There was some oxidation around the central chip. I was thinking there may have been trace current jumping from one leg to another causing this issue. I cleaned it all up, battery unplugged of course. Looks much better and the oxidation is clear after a careful look with a magnifying glass. Unit started right up, but after the first hunt, it started shutting off again. Twice I have seen the battery discharge icon, which i have never seen before, since this has started. Bad battery? This is the 2nd battery for the RC, the original would only give me a few hours hunting before it discharged. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
The last portion of the video when he's over a target sounds like a Minelab.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wonder what the price will be on the new one?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder what the price will be on the new one?
Big Boy's Hobbies showed a price of about $1500 but that may just have been a "place filler" because my local dealer said that the price had not yet been announced. Also, they didn't state which package combination that $1500 was for.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At $1,599 I'm afraid I will have to pass on this one for the foreseeable future.
I love my Equinox for many situations (beach, parks, some private properties) and I also love my Deus 1 (iron-infested old homesites), and I don't mind using both machines. Frankly it's good to have a backup/alternative.
I'll see what the reviews/comparisons/test say and show, but I suspect that they missed out on me as a customer for this detector.
And I'm concerned that Deus 1 equipment (headphones, coils) will not be compatible with the Deus 2. This hasn't been stated - XP has been silent on this topic as far as I know. (My Deus 1 has the X35 11" and the 9x5 HF coils - will they pair with the Deus 2 controller, or be completely useless with the Deus 2? The answer to that question could affect my interest level....).

- Brian

Hubbard

Oct 28, 2017
TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I see the Deus II as an answer to the Nox. I have both the Nox and the Deus. About to add the ORX. I think I will wait a year before looking at the Deus II. I just don't see a place for it to fill a need for me at this time.

Hubbard

Oct 28, 2017
TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At $1,599 I'm afraid I will have to pass on this one for the foreseeable future.
I love my Equinox for many situations (beach, parks, some private properties) and I also love my Deus 1 (iron-infested old homesites), and I don't mind using both machines. Frankly it's good to have a backup/alternative.
I'll see what the reviews/comparisons/test say and show, but I suspect that they missed out on me as a customer for this detector.
And I'm concerned that Deus 1 equipment (headphones, coils) will not be compatible with the Deus 2. This hasn't been stated - XP has been silent on this topic as far as I know. (My Deus 1 has the X35 11" and the 9x5 HF coils - will they pair with the Deus 2 controller, or be completely useless with the Deus 2? The answer to that question could affect my interest level....).

- Brian
How do you like the HF coil? In what circumstance do you use it over the X35 coil?

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you like the HF coil? In what circumstance do you use it over the X35 coil?
I just posted this on another thread, so I’ll copy an edited version of it over here:

“I believe that the 9x5 HF and the 9” round HF serve basically the same purpose. (I have the 9x5 HF).
I use the 11” x35 if I want to cover more ground and I use the 9x5 HF in areas with high density of iron where I need tight separation. I like the 9x5 shape because it really lets me pick out small targets from among the iron items.”

I actually sometimes take both the Nox and the Deus out into a field, and I’ll use the Nox until I start to hear a lot of iron and then I’ll switch to the Deus with the 9x5 HF coil. I’ve gone over the same ground with the Deus 9x5 after going over it with the Nox, and the Deus 9x5 will definitely pick out smaller relics that the Nox missed (such as a suspender clip I found a few days ago).
It makes sense if you think about it: the smaller coil can more easily separate and get single targets under it, while the Nox with the 11” multi-frequency coil or the Deus with the 11” x35 will have multiple targets under the coil at any moment and therefore the sound and VDI will be more confusing.

OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Big Boy's Hobbies showed a price of about $1500 but that may just have been a "place filler" because my local dealer said that the price had not yet been announced. Also, they didn't state which package combination that $1500 was for.
1,599.00. I ordered one

OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:

Your right on the meters. I was thinking 60’ and stated meters.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you think the Deus 2 would be a "better" relic machine than the original or just have more options ? if i knew how to swim i might consider water hunting lol. but i think that is doubtful

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread