Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m not sure a Deus owner would want all 3 of those. I believe that the 9x5 HF and the 9” round HF serve basically the same purpose. (I have the 9x5 HF).
As a compliment to the HF coil I think a larger coil - like the 11” round X35 - is a good choice (that’s the coil my Deus came with originally).
I use the 11” x35 if I want to cover more ground and I use the 9x5 HF in areas with high density of iron where I need tight separation. I like the 9x5 shape because it really lets me pick out small targets from among the iron items.

Hope this helps.

- Brian

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Besides the freq difference between the elliptical and the round HF coils, the only difference is that round coils go deeper in general than elliptical coils. Elliptical coils are more sensitive because the coil wires are closer together at the front and back of the coil. That's why you see the XP pros using the 9" round HF and the X35 in farm fields so that they can hit deep on the mid-conductors like bronze and gold. The higher freq's of 50khz and over are really mainly for tiny shallow gold.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have always found my best finds with the smaller coils, that is why I have tried to stay with the smaller coils XP Deus offers.
I as well. Helps dig through the trash to find things I've missed with bigger Coils.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What would be the advantage of having a lf 9 inch coil, a hf 9x5 elliptical coil and a hf 9 inch round coil ? Could one of these coils do better in one area while another one not do good ?
I originally had all of the coils. I bought the XP Deus with the 9" LF Coil. I sold the 13 x 11 soon after I purchased it. I was not doing the hunting the coil was designed for and it was kinda of a bear to swing. I then sold my 9 x 5. Never got good depth with it. However, that coil was great in the tot lots and heavy iron. I wasn't using it as much as the others. So currently I have a 9"LF, 9"HF and 11" LF. All get very good depth for my soil and location. I use the 9' coils the most. 11" reserved for large areas. I have ordered the Deus 2, with the 9" coil and know they are shipping as a you tuber got his and made a quick unbox. Gotta feeling Deus 1 and Coils will soon be departing.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that uses the 11x13 coil and he usually beats everyone. BUT HE GOES SO SLOw wITH IT . You have to have paitence to go as slow as he does

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that uses the 11x13 coil and he usually beats everyone. BUT HE GOES SO SLOw wITH IT . You have to have paitence to go as slow as he does
He must be using an Equinox. There isn't an 11 X 13" Deus 2 coil yet as far as I know. If there was, I'd be putting my order in.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
11 x 13 is coming after the bulk of preorders are taken care of. Same for full size headphones. Sounds like a very sizable delivery coming this week including the 9” coil versions and ( I hope.) my 9” coil.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And this a perfect example of why some call the original Deus the Deus 1.

The original post is about the Deus 1, not the 2.

I have the 11" X35 and 9" HF round. I've found different things with each coil going over the same ground, mostly due to the different frequencies.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Correct me if I'm wrong but ...
I was always told that the coil's width affects depth - so a 9" round coil should hit deeper than a 9" x 5" Eliptical coil.
I hunt a lot of overgrown and junk metal sites ( almost no beach hunting ) so I've always been a fan of smaller coils.
I ran 6" & 8" coils on my E-Trac for many years - tons of great finds.
I choose the 9" X35 coil for my Deus for good separation in iron and it's easier to swing in overgrown areas.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
And this a perfect example of why some call the original Deus the Deus 1.

The original post is about the Deus 1, not the 2.

I have the 11" X35 and 9" HF round. I've found different things with each coil going over the same ground, mostly due to the different frequencies.
Apparently you didn't understand?

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Apparently you didn't understand?

I understood. But two others who responded before I did assumed the discussion was about the Deus 2.

OP
OP
D

detectorguy

Jan 10, 2013
Sacramento Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Xp
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a D1 and love it. I have many great moments with it. Even thou I may not get the depth of a 11 inch coil the 9x5 separates coins like no other. Going into the field every other detector has gone into lets me pick thru what they missed.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct me if I'm wrong but ...
I was always told that the coil's width affects depth - so a 9" round coil should hit deeper than a 9" x 5" Eliptical coil.
I hunt a lot of overgrown and junk metal sites ( almost no beach hunting ) so I've always been a fan of smaller coils.
I ran 6" & 8" coils on my E-Trac for many years - tons of great finds.
I choose the 9" X35 coil for my Deus for good separation in iron and it's easier to swing in overgrown areas.
You have to remember the 9x5 is WOUND different and made of different wire. DIFFERENT BATTERY ALSO !! I told you you could try mine !!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I originally had all of the coils. I bought the XP Deus with the 9" LF Coil. I sold the 13 x 11 soon after I purchased it. I was not doing the hunting the coil was designed for and it was kinda of a bear to swing. I then sold my 9 x 5. Never got good depth with it. However, that coil was great in the tot lots and heavy iron. I wasn't using it as much as the others. So currently I have a 9"LF, 9"HF and 11" LF. All get very good depth for my soil and location. I use the 9' coils the most. 11" reserved for large areas. I have ordered the Deus 2, with the 9" coil and know they are shipping as a you tuber got his and made a quick unbox. Gotta feeling Deus 1 and Coils will soon be departing.
The 9 inch round might cover a bit more area, The elliptical would be better in a trashy area

OP
OP
D

detectorguy

Jan 10, 2013
Sacramento Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Xp
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I now have all the coils for the xp1 except the 11x13 which I do not care for as I have heard too many people say it is too Big and awkward to swing.
I think with the coils I have will be good ofr all of my hunting adventures, Yeah.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions