Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My D2 was completely dead after sitting unused for a week. I had charged it completely and shut it off. Checked after 7 days and it would not even turn on. So I called for instructions to return it for repair, and was told that this is normal. It was most certainly not normal for my Deus I which held power for months. So I sent it in anyway, which cost me $40 for shipping both ways. Got it back, and a week later, it was 100% discharged again.

Is this normal, in your experience?

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I last charged my Deus 2 on Christmas day, only using it for an hour since then, and I just checked and it's still fully charged (remote, coil, and backphones). Seems to hold its charge the same as my Deus 1. Maybe yours isn't really turning off properly.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I last charged my Deus 2 on Christmas day, only using it for an hour since then, and I just checked and it's still fully charged (remote, coil, and backphones). Seems to hold its charge the same as my Deus 1. Maybe yours isn't really turning off properly.
You'd think that they would have checked that.

I will be calling them about it but I wanted (and am still looking for) some of this sort of feedback from others first.

Also curious that my custom programs were still intact when it was returned. I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure they would have been erased if they had removed the old battery.

Saker

Jan 12, 2021
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CTX3030, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd run the latest software update. Even if you have the current version. I had an issued with my Deus 1 where the WS5 headphones would fully discharge in a few days. Someone told me to rerun the latest software update. I did and it solved the issue.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
My D2 was completely dead after sitting unused for a week. I had charged it completely and shut it off. Checked after 7 days and it would not even turn on. So I called for instructions to return it for repair, and was told that this is normal. It was most certainly not normal for my Deus I which held power for months. So I sent it in anyway, which cost me $40 for shipping both ways. Got it back, and a week later, it was 100% discharged again.

Hell no that's not normal.
every time I put mine up after use I check the battery level And It stays fully charged.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd run the latest software update. Even if you have the current version. I had an issued with my Deus 1 where the WS5 headphones would fully discharge in a few days. Someone told me to rerun the latest software update. I did and it solved the issue.
They should have done that when I sent it in, shouldn't they? I mean... it did cost me $40 in shipping.

Saker

Jan 12, 2021
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CTX3030, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should have done that when I sent it in, shouldn't they? I mean... it did cost me $40 in shipping.
You would think so but if your custom programs are still there, then they didn't.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm curious, Is it your remote that discharges? Coil? Both?
Can you get a 6-8hr hunt out of your D2 after a full charge?
I'm thinking that if you can get a full hunt, it's not the battery.
The D2 might not be going into sleep mode when you power it down.
Thereby staying active and discharging your battery.

You could try separating your remote from the coil by a distance greater than 30 or 40ft.
That should be far enough that the remote and coil(s) are not communicating with each other.
That may not make a difference but if it does, you have some info for the repair shop that it's not going to sleep like it should when you shut it off.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm curious, Is it your remote that discharges? Coil? Both?
Can you get a 6-8hr hunt out of your D2 after a full charge?
I'm thinking that if you can get a full hunt, it's not the battery.
The D2 might not be going into sleep mode when you power it down.
Thereby staying active and discharging your battery.

You could try separating your remote from the coil by a distance greater than 30 or 40ft.
That should be far enough that the remote and coil(s) are not communicating with each other.
That may not make a difference but if it does, you have some info for the repair shop that it's not going to sleep like it should when you shut it off.
I guess that's an idea. Right now though, I don't want to change anything. I fully charged the control box as soon as I got it back and have been watching it. It was fully charged on 1/17 and it is down to 2 bars today, 3 days later.

I used to charge my D1 once in the fall before putting it away for the winter and it was still raring to go in March. I'm not very happy that they returned it to me with no fix and no explanation.

Last edited:

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

No. I have gone for over a week and all is still charged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions