XP DEUS II Group Chat

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello!

In case you were wondering, this thread is for discussion on the NEW XP DEUS II. Because there isn't too much known about it in the US right now, I figured that this chat thread will let people share their ideas, theories, finds, comments & concerns about this exciting new product. I hope it will also help those (like myslef) who are looking to purchase one in the near future learn about it and recieve tips from experienced DEUS users and their thoughts on XP's new detector.*

Happy Hunting!

*I am not sponsored by XP or any other metal detector company to say anything nice, negative, or promote products. I am just a normal treasure hunter who is curious and excited about this new detector.

Last edited:

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello!

In case you were wondering, this thread is for discussion on the NEW XP DEUS II. Because there isn't too much known about it in the US right now, I figured that this chat thread will let people share their ideas, theories, finds, comments & concerns about this exciting new product. I hope it will also help those (like myslef) who are looking to purchase one in the near future learn about it and recieve tips from experienced DEUS users and their thoughts on XP's new detector.*

Happy Hunting!

*I am not sponsored by XP or any other metal detector company to say anything nice, negative, or promote products. I am just a normal treasure hunter who is curious and excited about this new detector.
I ordered a XP Deus 11 about a week ago. I've owned many detectors over the years XLT, DFX. V3i, 1280 Aquanaut, Sea Hunter, Excalibur, TDI, and my go to land detector is my F75. I have a good idea of how much gets missed by all detectors because I sift the really good sites. Sometimes I'll go as deep as 4 feet and still get buttons and coins. I'm hoping to get just a little edge with the Deus 11. I do very well with the F75 in 1 tone or all metal. If the Deus 11 does not do better I can always sell it!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I ordered a XP Deus 11 about a week ago. I've owned many detectors over the years XLT, DFX. V3i, 1280 Aquanaut, Sea Hunter, Excalibur, TDI, and my go to land detector is my F75. I have a good idea of how much gets missed by all detectors because I sift the really good sites. Sometimes I'll go as deep as 4 feet and still get buttons and coins. I'm hoping to get just a little edge with the Deus 11. I do very well with the F75 in 1 tone or all metal. If the Deus 11 does not do better I can always sell it!
"Sometimes I'll go as deep as 4 feet and still get buttons and coins"

Really? 4 feet?

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Sometimes I'll go as deep as 4 feet and still get buttons and coins"

Really? 4 feet?
Yes, Really FOUR FEET! And at the bottom of the hole if I'm still in good material, I'll go even deeper!

Attachments

• gold and silver.jpg
    gold and silver.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 112
  • best buttons.jpg
    best buttons.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 98
  • balls.jpg
    balls.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 100

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one ordered, I sold a pistol to get the money. Many hunted out sites I hope to go back to and pick up stuff left behind.
Hopefully it will do as well as the YouTube guys are showing in their test.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, Really FOUR FEET! And at the bottom of the hole if I'm still in good material, I'll go even deeper!
I asked this question in colonial relic forum has anyone excavated a modest area down at least a foot and then detect with smaller coil. In order to ascertain the floor for period relics.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, if you're excavating a hole and detecting the bottom of that hole as you dig deeper it makes sense. I'm sure he didn't mean he's detected a button, from the surface, at four feet.

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I asked this question in colonial relic forum has anyone excavated a modest area down at least a foot and then detect with smaller coil. In order to ascertain the floor for period relics.
I ordered the D2 with the small coil just for that reason. Many of the sites that I've detected have been dug out and filled in as I go. I either shift with a sifter or what I like to call skimming. When I find a small area with a few good surface targets, I'll dig it out and go in a line so I fill in as I go. Either I sift it in really heavy iron of skim it. Most of the time I find that we can only get about 10 percent with detecting. It's labor intensive but well worth it!

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
So ready to see reviews by non biased users. This awarding free units to testers only clouds the water more.
And no Calabash, there is absolutely nothing personal about it.

g

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello!

Happy Hunting!

I placed an order for the XPD2 on 11/2. Really can't get a straight answer. I knew I'd be waiting. Nice to have an update or two since ordering from this dealer. Surely they have heard from XP on status. Ordered mine with the 9"coil and added the BC Headphones. Unfortunatly just sold my XPD1. Stuck with the nail magn..., NOX 600. lol. Not really stuck, but sure do pick alot more trash with it than the Deus. Hope to have it soon. Was told to expect an email to fini up the order.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I placed an order for the XPD2 on 11/2. Really can't get a straight answer. I knew I'd be waiting. Nice to have an update or two since ordering from this dealer. Surely they have heard from XP on status. Ordered mine with the 9"coil and added the BC Headphones. Unfortunatly just sold my XPD1. Stuck with the nail magn..., NOX 600. lol. Not really stuck, but sure do pick alot more trash with it than the Deus. Hope to have it soon. Was told to expect an email to fini up the order.
I’m on the list for one. Looks good to me. Good luck!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After rereading his posting he says he is SIFTING buttons down to 4 feet :) I believe him

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Deus 11 looks like it will give people an edge over most other detectors. The learning curve doesn't look too bad and shouldn't be any more than say the V3i. I've watched all of Calabashs reviews and reviews from England. I've read the manual. I never used a Deus but was pretty interested in them when they first came out. That makes me a newbie. I have plenty of good sites that have more to give but the targets are too deep or masked by iron. If it can light up old sites it will be well worth it. If not, I'll just sell it. If and when it comes in I will post the results here. Happy Hunting!

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks buying/ordering Deus 2 packages. Bone conductive headphones are not part of Deus 2 package. They must be ordered/bought additionally. If you want bone conducive headphones be sure to inform your dealer.

DigDeepNow

Jul 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the D2 with the small coil just for that reason. Many of the sites that I've detected have been dug out and filled in as I go. I either shift with a sifter or what I like to call skimming. When I find a small area with a few good surface targets, I'll dig it out and go in a line so I fill in as I go. Either I sift it in really heavy iron of skim it. Most of the time I find that we can only get about 10 percent with detecting. It's labor intensive but well worth it!
Really interesting information.
Thought about sifting just to learn what I"m missing.
Thanks for posting the info.

Cptbill

Greenie
Jan 2, 2017
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MXT Pro, AT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!

Happy Hunting!

Hi
Mine is ordered and I have joined several forums on YT. To at least get ahead start on what to do when ever it arrives??? The anticipation of it arriving is slowing down until I get an order sent message.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a repair facility in the US in the event of a failure?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread