XP Deus Update?

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I updated to 5.21 today.. i was having some headphone batt drain which i just sucked up to a weak batt so hopefully thats fixed. Wanted to know why it is important to have a full charge on the RC and now the update wants you to have your coil on charge during the process. Anyone know why full charge on the RC/headphones and having your coil plugged in is important?

Thanks Mike

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad translation. LOL I didn't plug my coil in the charger. BTW, those headphone batteries shouldn't cost much if you can find the right size. Just a few dollars. I don't know what the repair shop charges, but it can't be very much more. Lithium 742045

Last edited:

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
I did the update to 5.21 a couple of weeks ago. It asked for the coil to be connected to the charger too. The update did correct the problem I was having with the headphones discharging when not in use. I am happy with the way it works.

Jerry

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh I need to do that, my headphones have been doing the exact same thing.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must have gotten lucky, I had no issues at all.

OP
OP
Iffy Signals

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I need to do that, my headphones have been doing the exact same thing.

Weird right! I mostly use my WS5’s but i keep my 4’s charged up in the closet. A couple of times i went to turn them on and the batt was low a week of so after a charge. This fixed it.

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
I must have gotten lucky, I had no issues at all.

For most of last summer I did not have a problem either but I was hunting on almost a daily basis. However it was when there was a week or two in between hunting trips that it started showing up. I had several hunts where the the WS-5's were dead and had to plug another headphone into the controller.

Jerry

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed one time when putting the WS-4 in their case that the on button got accidentally got pressed. More careful how I put them away now. Didn't have them folded correctly and the button pressed against the top of the case when i closed it.

OP
OP
Iffy Signals

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed one time when putting the WS-4 in their case that the on button got accidentally got pressed. More careful how I put them away now. Didn't have them folded correctly and the button pressed against the top of the case when i closed it.

I can see how that would happen. Im not a fan of that case. Never use it. I picked up the attachment for the ws4 for earbuds and the quest headphones the puck slides into. Cool speakers for the puck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread