XP Dues 2 remote has frozen screen

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had my new Deus 2 about a month and it performed perfectly. Today while detecting , the screen locked and would not move, all buttons were useless and I can't even shut off the console.
The available help online says to disconnect then reconnect the battery.. I removed the 2 screws on bottom cap, but it won't come off. Has anyone out there had this problem and reset the system this way ?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to XP METAL DETECTORS > DEUS II for more exposure.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That happened to me also. I just let it drain the battery until it shut off on its own. Plugged the charger in and it came back to life. I let it charge all the way up and it was back to normal.

Another option is to disassemble the control box, , unplug the battery, then plug it back in. I didn't even want to touch that method at all but it worked for those who tried it.

This has happened to several of us now and it seems to be related to the frequency scan function. In my case I did a frequency scan while outside of coil range. To another, he pressed one of the buttons on the control box while it was in the process of doing the frequency scan when it locked up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That happened to me also. I just let it drain the battery until it shut off on its own. Plugged the charger in and it came back to life. I let it charge all the way up and it was back to normal.

Another option is to disassemble the control box, , unplug the battery, then plug it back in. I didn't even want to touch that method at all but it worked for those who tried it.

This has happened to several of us now and it seems to be related to the frequency scan function. In my case I did a frequency scan while outside of coil range. To another, he pressed one of the buttons on the control box while it was in the process of doing the frequency scan when it locked up.
Thats what I was doing when it locked up, a frequency scan. I accidently pushed a couple buttons while scanning. The detector slipped in my hand.
Am glad to hear in a way that this is a common occurrence. I watched a video by Calabash just now, he explained the problem really well. I too will wait until the battery drains and unit shuts off. I removed a couple screws from the lower cap on detector, but it won't come out. I don't want to force anything.
Question..the screen I see on my console now has the backlight on, and battery icon shows full charge. Since the screen is froze, the battery icon I see is not accurate due to the picture being frozen, right ?
How long did you wait til yours discharged, and did your backlight go off when it was?
Am finding so much more little finds with the XP, in sites I have hunted 10x plus. I need the XP back up and doing its thing !
Thanks for taking time to reply Colonel Dan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It will take a good day to fully discharge. Just leave it go until it shuts off then plug in the charger. It will return to life and you won’t lose any custom programs. Those who disconnected the battery reported loss of their custom programs.

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. I did load one custom program for coins, used by Mental metal I think.
It's been about 22 hours now...probably getting close. I take it you are a veteran, I am too. From one freedom lover to another, Happy Memorial day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread