Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still struggle with listening to, and interpreting the Deus, which to me, seems to be an iron grabber. Many sweet signals I hear are iron if it's more than eight inches deep.

As far as "what's coming" I'm assuming a multi-frequency machine as well. I also agree with too much hype and then waiting for months for actual delivery gets old and stale really fast. Especially with the money these things cost. I am interested as always, however the Nox has earned it's place at the big boy's table, and that usually happens slowly. Also, if XP's big secret weapon isn't totally waterproof, "game changing" might be a bit strong of a term. Just my 2cents.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all this rumors and no facts it’s terrible jibber, xp deus next year, notka makro pissing around, all hype nothing to show. They said they are putting minelab 800 on notice, cheaper and better. Talk is cheap show us or shut up. This isn’t marketing it wasting time, better separation and depth are the most important components so if they can’t offer that just shut up until they have something that helps, not just waterproof, or carbon fiber shafts please, I dig with a purpose not interested in 5 machines
Its just the marketing dept, trying to build the suspense for their great announcement. I think the announcement is scheduled for Monday. The Deus already has greater separation, and I believe, depth.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Deus with a calmer audio would be a game changer. IMO even if ithad the same performance. A Iron Volume that would turn down to small buzz sound would be great.
I so agree with you about the audio! Hopefully not to the point of the Nox, which can be too subtle. I like to say that the Deus sounds like an angry German farmer's wife yelling at the geese, while the Equinox is like a French girl whispering to the swans. Ironic, since the Deus is French.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I so agree with you about the audio! Hopefully not to the point of the Nox, which can be too subtle. I like to say that the Deus sounds like an angry German farmer's wife yelling at the geese, while the Equinox is like a French girl whispering to the swans. Ironic, since the Deus is French.
The video that was just released at least implies that the audio will indeed be more configurable. I hope that's true!

"A true, simultaneous and fast multi-frequency detector, a rich audio option, 20 meters deep waterproof, bone conduction headphones, accurate target ID"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread