XP Orx Deus II, 9ā€ coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I saw the teaser. It offers no hint as to what is coming. Which is good because it will be fun to see all the folks who "know for a fact" what XP plans on releasing. The rumor mill will be cranking full speed in just a day or two. This will be entertaining. I may even have to start my own rumor.

AceofBases

Jan 7, 2019
Detector(s) used
Deus II, MI-6, Manticore, Equinox 800, Pro Find 35, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sources tell meā€¦ itā€™s a beach machine.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... they make machines now ?

I thought they make metal detectors... :P

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had heard a rumour 3 years ago at a BONE hobby show that they were trying to make a multi machine like the box. If thats true , would they use frequencies like the HF coil?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone tell me the advantages of the simultaneous multi-frequency besides saltwater? I've heard single frequency is better, so I am confused.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The latest video ( which I think came out last night) shows the box, and on the box it says "Deus II" and has the letters "FMF" which I assume means ___(something)___ Multi-Frequency.
One dealer speculates it won't be available until spring.

As for the question about multi-frequency technology, there are many threads on this over on the Equinox forum. From reading all those threads I gather that if the software in the detector is well-written (like Minelab's is) then the detector can better identify and discriminate metal objects by simultaneously using different frequencies, comparing what the detector is detecting, and return a more accurate target ID and sound than a single frequency.
Put another way, the multiple frequencies can simultaneously optimize for local conditions - whether those be at the beach or in a trash-heavy field/park.
All I know is that the Equinox is absolutely amazing at accurately identifying coins in parks & yards, much more accurate at ID than my Deus. (But the Deus is better at picking out good small targets from among the iron. And if the Deus II is able to do the job of both...look out, we could have a new best-in-the-class detector.)

- Brian

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9ā€ coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iā€™ve been watching with interest the new one from Nokta Makro, but with news that XP has something new coming Iā€™m waiting to see what itā€™s about before going for the NM. Iā€™m sure the Nokta Makro will be giving the equinox a run, but Iā€™d bet on the XP being more innovative.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iā€™ve been watching with interest the new one from Nokta Makro, but with news that XP has something new coming Iā€™m waiting to see what itā€™s about before going for the NM. Iā€™m sure the Nokta Makro will be giving the equinox a run, but Iā€™d bet on the XP being more innovative.
I've been seeing speclation (and that is all it is) that the new XP machine will have some sort of simultaneous multi-frequency like the Equinox. I'm not so sure. Minelab will probably sue. Even if they use a totally different technology than the Equinox, and I'm sure XP is fully aware of that. It could cost them million$ to fight it in the patent courts, even if they win.

The latest from XP (as of this morning) said we have 4 more days before they release the information.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The latest video ( which I think came out last night) shows the box, and on the box it says "Deus II" and has the letters "FMF" which I assume means ___(something)___ Multi-Frequency.
One dealer speculates it won't be available until spring.

As for the question about multi-frequency technology, there are many threads on this over on the Equinox forum. From reading all those threads I gather that if the software in the detector is well-written (like Minelab's is) then the detector can better identify and discriminate metal objects by simultaneously using different frequencies, comparing what the detector is detecting, and return a more accurate target ID and sound than a single frequency.
Put another way, the multiple frequencies can simultaneously optimize for local conditions - whether those be at the beach or in a trash-heavy field/park.
All I know is that the Equinox is absolutely amazing at accurately identifying coins in parks & yards, much more accurate at ID than my Deus. (But the Deus is better at picking out good small targets from among the iron. And if the Deus II is able to do the job of both...look out, we could have a new best-in-the-class detector.)

- Brian
A machine with the performance of the Nox 800 and the lightweight/compactability/coil interchangeability of the Deus would be amazing! Fingers crossed!

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price donā€™t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all this rumors and no facts itā€™s terrible jibber, xp deus next year, notka makro pissing around, all hype nothing to show. They said they are putting minelab 800 on notice, cheaper and better. Talk is cheap show us or shut up. This isnā€™t marketing it wasting time, better separation and depth are the most important components so if they canā€™t offer that just shut up until they have something that helps, not just waterproof, or carbon fiber shafts please, I dig with a purpose not interested in 5 machines

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the Aqua Manta....not even on Fishers 10 year old website.....or that mysterious Tesoro that never happened....or Noktas *multi frequency that wasnt simultaneous....or the *Cygnus X1 ...
Chub

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Deus with a calmer audio would be a game changer. IMO even if ithad the same performance. A Iron Volume that would turn down to small buzz sound would be great.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a hard time with the audio of the Deus. It's like listening to a fax machine when you dial the wrong number.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all this rumors and no facts itā€™s terrible jibber, xp deus next year, notka makro pissing around, all hype nothing to show. They said they are putting minelab 800 on notice, cheaper and better. Talk is cheap show us or shut up. This isnā€™t marketing it wasting time, better separation and depth are the most important components so if they canā€™t offer that just shut up until they have something that helps, not just waterproof, or carbon fiber shafts please, I dig with a purpose not interested in 5 machines
Some sort of announcement in 3 more days according to the XP website and Facebook page. We'll know more then...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread