Xpdeus 2, released before notka makro multiple frequencies machine

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did NM "miss the boat"?

Are you saying you pre-ordered the new Deus II because the NM smf hasn't been released - so NM missed out on the opportunity to sell you a new machine?

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen carefully, dilek was bragging about this new multi frequency machine for months and specifically said minelab equinox 800 is its target, so in mean time there competition which wasn’t considered competition at the time came out with there own mfm xp deus 2 , notka isn’t wasnt competition with xp deus because of using wireless technology, but no guess what xpdeus has a new machine, regardless of price, they have more competition. Notka marketping is aweful , timing, if you don’t understand well then business isn’t your fortay thankyou sir

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in spite of that "aweful marketing" people are talking about the new machine coming from NM. Including you.

Seems (to me) that the marketing isn't awful - when it clearly works.

I've followed the updates on the new NM smf detector. I'm quite aware of what Dilek said; I'm likewise aware of the fact that providing details (however limited) to potential customers isn't bragging.

I've got news for you: every detector made is (to some degree) competition. That is why there are various models with varying price structures.

The number of people who will spend $1600 for a metal detector is fairly limited. The number of people who will spend $800 for a metal detector is somewhat less limited. The number of people who will spend $400 for a metal detector is less limited still.

That noted, there is going to be (presumably) a rather significant price difference between the new Deus II and the new smf machine from NM. So from that aspect the two machines aren't going to be direct competitors.

As for timing; NM is scheduled to announce the release of their new machine 10 days from now (Nov. 19th, 2021). That's a month, or more, before the very first retail (USA) customer gets a chance to see the new Deus II in person. It is quite possible that the new NM detector will hit the (USA) retailers in the same time-frame that the Deus II hits.

And we (would-be consumers) still don't know how well either machine actually performs. That usually takes awhile, so the timing (on Nokta-Makro's part) isn't the issue that you pretend it to be.

I'm not sure what "fortay" means. I suspect you meant 'forte' but your comments suggest that your own knowledge of 'business' is substantially below par. As a result I'm going to go with my gut-feeling and assume that Dilek knows a lot more about business than you do. Or I, for that matter.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49er let's please keep it cordial.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the Notka Multi frequency machine will carry the $1,600.00 price tag of the Deus. And it will probably come in less the the $899.00 Nox 800. So there will be a market for it.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can hear P.T. Barnum's ghost barking, "Step right up folks, yet another "best" metal detector and it's only $1,600!" As they say, there's a sucker born every minute.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can hear P.T. Barnum's ghost barking, "Step right up folks, yet another "best" metal detector and it's only $1,600!" As they say, there's a sucker born every minute.
I paid $1,500 for my Deus about 5 years ago and it was the best investment I could have made in a metal detector. I had to give up hunting because I could not swing my White's DFX for more than 30 minutes without taking a break. I can swing the Deus all day with no problems.
And, if the good Lord lets me stay here fora a while longer I will most likely go for the Deus II in a year or so.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid $1,500 for my Deus about 5 years ago and it was the best investment I could have made in a metal detector.

Might have helped you to detect, but not a good investment. A used Deus goes for around $500 now, so you lost $1,000 on the deal. I paid $450 for my AT Pro (used) five years ago and could sell it tomorrow for $400. The Deus is a very good machine, but not a good investment. They do not hold their value over the years because they are so overpriced when they are new.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checked out a couple videos on it. I currently run a Deus XP. With the price I'm not sure I'm interested in it. Way too expensive and doesn't really seem to add anything that I see worth the price tag. Things I'd want are well better coil batteries as I'm not very satisfied with that, it looks like they may have fixed the flimsy metal detector body but eh not a huge jump in price tag type thing, water resistance I'll say is nice but I don't really water hunt, as far as anything else so far with what's out there I see no reason to get it. Seems way too expensive.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a decent chance that I'll end up buying the new smf machine from NM - if the performance is there. At any rate I'll wait several months after it is available (retail) to see how the early buyers rate the machine.

The Deus II is unlikely to be a purchase I'll make. I have the Deus (and an ORX) and am pleased with both, but for the kind of hunting I typically do, the Deus II isn't likely to be a significant performance jump. I seldom hunt water (even then it is very shallow) and I have no desire to dive - ever. My impression (so far anyway) is that the Deus II is primarily a water machine that can hunt land too.

I do think the Deus II is a very interesting machine, but $1600 to satisfy curiosity seems a bit steep at this point. I already have more machines than I can realistically use, so that reality plays a role as well.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is new notka makro machine will be 700 to 800, my guess less than the minelab equinox 800 which is competing against, so 799.99 possible less but doubt it

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might have helped you to detect, but not a good investment. A used Deus goes for around $500 now, so you lost $1,000 on the deal. I paid $450 for my AT Pro (used) five years ago and could sell it tomorrow for $400. The Deus is a very good machine, but not a good investment. They do not hold their value over the years because they are so overpriced when they are new.
That's one way to look at it. But, here is how I look at it. If it weren't for the Deus I would not be able to hunt. I was involved in an automobile accident that resulted in having two or three vertebrae in my neck fused. And, I should have had three in my lower back done as well but opted not to due the very long recovery time. I was about 66 at the time of the accident and I didn't want to take the chance of becoming partly invalid if I had to lay up for almost two years.
So, I am now 71 and am able to hunt whenever the opportunity arises. I can swing the Deus all day without pain in my neck, shoulders and arms. I will admit that I am slow getting up after digging a target but I am still enjoying the hunt.
I couldn't say the same for the DFX I was using prior to getting my Deus. I have tried the Nox 800 and while it is a very good machine, I just couldn't swing it for any length of time.
And, I have found at least $200.00 worth of relics so I have only lost $800.00!:laughing7:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew what you were saying, fyrffytr1. Wasn't trying to bust chops. I know my AT Pro with the bigger coil trashes my elbow and shoulder after about two hours of detecting. I should probably go with a lighter detector so I can hunt longer, but it's hard to admit that my body is slowly crapping out!

I can definitely sympathize with you regarding back issues. I messed up my back while working at a nursery in 1991. I'm okay most of the time, but it acts up on me 3 or 4 times a year. I get extremely painful muscle spasms that last for a few days. Feels like someone is grabbing my lower back and squeezing as hard as they can. Really annoys me that a dead end job I had 30 years ago is still taking a toll on my body. Take care.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree $1600 is a bit too much. I like my Deus, but at my age the R.O.I., points to the price of a nox 800 or less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread