Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can the Xterra Pro be used with any wireless Bluetooth earbuds or headphones or do you have to purchase mine labs headphones

what is the wireless connection that the Xterra Pro utilizes to connect to wireless headphones
ML85 Minelab headphones are the only I believe will work, unfortunately.

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is the wireless connection that the Xterra Pro utilizes to connect to wireless headphones
I am using the ML 80 headphones included in the Vanquish 540 Pro Pack, plugged into a 5.2 Bluetooth transmitter I purchased on E-bay for $30.

(Link removed for rule violation)

Plug transmitter into the headphone jack on the Xterra Pro and follow the transmitter instructions to pair the ML 80 headphones to the transmitter. They will connect automatically every time after the first.

Do not try to pair these with the Xterra Pro Bluetooth button. No need to touch that button at all and Bluetooth should be off on the Xterra Pro since it is the headphone plug that is being used to send the signal to transmitter.

I noticed some interference using the short plug wire included with the transmitter. I had to get a longer 1/8" plug wire extension in order to move the transmitter further away from the control unit and coil wire. Find a quiet place on the shaft and mount it so it won't fall off when swinging.

Seems to work well with low latency and transmitter has 10 hr. run time.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigG

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2022
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
X Terra 705
X Terra Pro
Equinox 900
can the Xterra Pro be used with any wireless Bluetooth earbuds or headphones or do you have to purchase mine labs headphones

The brochure that comes with the X Terra Pro says that it's Qualcomm aptX low latency Bluetooth. A deeper dive into the world of aptX technology shows that the system can operate using one of various codecs giving them a proprietary nature. So the answer to your first question is maybe. You might get lucky and find a set of earbuds that operate on the same codec.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I am using the ML 80 headphones included in the Vanquish 540 Pro Pack, plugged into a 5.2 Bluetooth transmitter I purchased on E-bay for $30.

Plug transmitter into the headphone jack on the Xterra Pro and follow the transmitter instructions to pair the ML 80 headphones to the transmitter. They will connect automatically every time after the first.

Do not try to pair these with the Xterra Pro Bluetooth button. No need to touch that button at all and Bluetooth should be off on the Xterra Pro since it is the headphone plug that is being used to send the signal to transmitter.

I noticed some interference using the short plug wire included with the transmitter. I had to get a longer 1/8" plug wire extension in order to move the transmitter further away from the control unit and coil wire. Find a quiet place on the shaft and mount it so it won't fall off when swinging.

Exactly what I did.

Loonview

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2016
Gaston County NC
Detector(s) used
Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Xterra Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DiamondDave,
Rather than down the shaft what if you run it up the shaft closer to/or under the arm cuff?

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather than down the shaft what if you run it up the shaft closer to/or under the arm cuff?
Update - Yes, after beginning my first hunt with this setup I began to hear some interference again and ended up moving the transmitter up shaft and zip tied it to the outside of the arm cuff. It is very quiet now on the arm cuff. However, I'm anxious to get the ML-85's when they appear on the market.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Update - Yes, after beginning my first hunt with this setup I began to hear some interference again and ended up moving the transmitter up shaft and zip tied it to the outside of the arm cuff. It is very quiet now on the arm cuff. However, I'm anxious to get the ML-85's when they appear on the market.
I used one similar to what you are using on my Garrett 24K what I did was take some sticky backed Velcro the length of the transmitter stuck one side to the arm cuff on my 24K and the other side on the transmitter, I left the piece that I put on the transmitter about 1 1/2 inches longer so it stuck past the transmitter then I stuck it on the transmitter and cut a second piece just long enough to so it was the same length as the 1 1/2 inch longer piece i stuck the two sticky sides together to give me something to pull the velcro apart when I wanted to charge up the transmitter and it worked great, only difference is i mounted the transmitter on the battery compartment of my 24K

I can send you pics of how I did it if you want

The Oracle

Greenie
Apr 7, 2023
The winning combination for me. Works on the Pro, Manticore. No issues. Remember to not turn on the machines wireless.

Attachments

• monoprice.jpg
    monoprice.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 77
  • trond.jpg
    trond.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The winning combination for me. Works on the Pro, Manticore. No issues. Remember to not turn on the machines wireless.
That is the same transmitter I used on my Garrett 24K they work great, can be used with every set of earbuds I have also a set of Bone Conduction headphones I use and a Avantree Torus speaker I use

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bluetooth transmitter would, not quite, be fully waterproof, but if you're land hunting...OK.

Then again, I will defo wait till they got the ML105 out to stores here in UK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread