Lecto76

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Whites Prism 950
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello! I was out metal detecting the other day and popped an old Yale Vigilant lock out of the ground and cannot seem to find ANY information on it regarding age. Maybe the hive mind here can help me solve this mystery? I couldn't find any other markings on it other than the front.
20220425_182437.jpg

Upvote 19

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I was out metal detecting the other day and popped an old Yale Vigilant lock out of the ground and cannot seem to find ANY information on it regarding age. Maybe the hive mind here can help me solve this mystery? I couldn't find any other markings on it other than the front. View attachment 2023359
Nice find. It looks old...I wonder if that can be restored to working order...

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. I Googled "Antique Yale Vigilant padlock" and a lot of them came up on various sites including Ebay.
Here is one showing on Worthpoint saying it was from 1908.

grimgow

Greenie
Apr 23, 2022
Looks very old lock. I collect some old stuff too like sculptures, icons and etc. Congratulations. Sculptures are art works that carves statues on wood metals or stones. It can either be carves or cast. Cast sculptures are made of bronze and is a practiced ancient technique carved sculptures are done using hammer to cutaway unwanted materials from woods an d stone and is finely polished. I have interest in visiting Antiqon for search new antique silver christening gifts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lecto76

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Whites Prism 950
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool. I Googled "Antique Yale Vigilant padlock" and a lot of them came up on various sites including Ebay.
Here is one showing on Worthpoint saying it was from 1908.

Yeah I've seen that picture lol that has the cylinder lock though whereas this is a "skeleton" key style or barrel key.

OP
OP
L

Lecto76

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Whites Prism 950
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I was out metal detecting the other day and popped an old Yale Vigilant lock out of the ground and cannot seem to find ANY information on it regarding age. Maybe the hive mind here can help me solve this mystery? I couldn't find any other markings on it other than the front. View attachment 2023359
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great save and very cool find, good luck on the ID

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions