Yamashita Treasure : Bits & Pieces of the Truth

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rapplers is ranked one of the most credible news sources in the Philippines and is instrumental in fighting fake news. In 2016, Rappler began to be critical of the Duterte-led government of the Philippines, which had just taken office in 2016, and its controversial war on drugs after Rappler noticed a network of paid followers and dummy accounts on Facebook spreading fake news supportive of Duterte. Duterte, being the brutal DeFacto autocrat he is, accused it of being CIA funded and had his SEC sue it to try to shut it down.

Irregardless, its irrelevant as Rapplers and this article came about 70 years after WWII, so it has no effect whether Japan did, or did not not, bury gold during WWII.

Sorry, that's not evidence something exists. There are thousands of legends the world over that people are blindly chasing, it's not evidence of anything existing.

Since you don't like Rapplers, here's another source and good read on the legend:

Rapplers is one of the least trusted news sources by the Filipino media organizations.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Japan declared bankruptcy to avoid payment for war damages (lives, properties, wealth, culture) to countries they raped, destroyed and looted.

Actually they were in collaboration with Gen. McArthur and the OSS (now CIA) to recover large treasure vaults (Imperial sites) to rebuilt Hiroshima, Nagasaki and their ailing economy.

Doesn't change the fact they were bankrupt near the end of the war and weren't secreting away billions in gold on some foreign island a 1750 miles away from Japan.

And yes, no doubt they did try to recover stolen plundered loot after the war, same as they did in Germany, thats par for the course, but what you aren't showing is any evidence that Yamashita buried vast deposits of gold in the Philippines. If you have any evidence, i'd love to see it.

Last edited:

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
It's just the snowball effect in the way stories get bigger and bigger as they continue based in part on some little bits of fact to give them some detail that are able to be confirmed to infer the rest of the story must be real also.

There was the silver coins dumped in the bay of Manila but these were recovered afterwards.

I also have no doubts some jap soldiers took to looting to establish what were their own private hauls or caches.

The story just rolls on from there with the help of a few who know the real treasure comes from the income of those willing to grubstake searches.

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
It's hard for most mainland Americans to accept anything outside their own very limited microcosm. They've been very effectively conditioned to believe whole-heartedly what some other douche bag decided to type out in a news article. And it must be true because some other douche bag on another website says so. Its a sad state of affairs. But so be it. The treasure is not for them...

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is recovered last year in Quirino, Isabela and now I cannot contact them
I wouldn't sweat it, it has all the earmarks of being staged.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard for most mainland Americans to accept anything outside their own very limited microcosm. Sadly they've been very effectively conditioned to believe whole-heartedly what some other douche bag decided to type out in a news article. And it must be true because some other douche bag on another website says so. Its a sad state if affairs. But so be it. The treasure is not for them...
I believe you tried this tact before, the old "we're too dumb and closed minded " to understand.

As far douche bag articles, that isn't where i get my information. I get it from having a deep interest in WWII which was kicked off by my uncle who served in the Marine Crop during WWII and was killed invading Peleliu island as they came ashore. He was hit in the leg and taken back out to a hospital ship, where they found the bullet had ricocheted up into his abdomen where he died a few days later. I've read extensively from both the perspective of the Japanese and the US and on the Philippines campaign in particular.

So if you have some evidence that's been uncovered that supports the Yamashita legend, i'd love to discuss it, but so far in all these threads, all i ever get is either staged photos and videos or the old "oh it exists, but it's a secret as people don't talk about their finds, would you?!". Funny it's such a "secret" that there are 1000's of people claiming to have found it, yet never with any credible evidence.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a picture of my uncle, David, during WWII. He died invading Peleliu Island 18 Sept. 1944:

david.jpg

OP
OP
Tonnes

Tonnes

Dec 2, 2021
Detector(s) used
AuraMeter, Japanese Wand, VR 8000 Long Range Gold Detector, Nokta DeepHunter 3D Pro, AuraSensor
I wouldn't sweat it, it has all the earmarks of being phony.

I believe you tried this tact before, the old "we're too dumb and closed minded " to understand.

As far douche bag articles, that isn't where i get my information. I get it from having a deep interest in WWII which was kicked off by my uncle who served in the Marine Crop during WWII and was killed invading Peleliu island as they came ashore. He was hit in the leg and taken back out to a hospital ship, where they found the bullet had ricocheted up into his abdomen where he died a day later. I've read extensively from both the perspective of the Japanese and the US and on the Philippines campaign in particular.

So if you have some evidence that's been uncovered that supports the Yamashita legend, i'd love to discuss it, but so far in all these threads, all i ever get is either staged photos and videos or the old "oh it exists, but it's a secret as people don't talk about their finds, would you?!". Funny it's such a "secret" that there are 1000's of people claiming to have found it, yet never with any credible evidence.

Why are you so eager to see true evidences? What will it benefit the people who can show you real evidences? Will you reward them, tipped them to the authorities or just for your self-gratification only?

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
Here's a picture of my uncle, David, during WWII. He died invading Peleliu Island 18 Sept. 1944:

View attachment 2006286
May he rest in peace. With all due respect and admiration to your uncle, his participation and sacrifice during the war in Palau clearly does not bring you even one inch closer to the truth about Yamashita's gold. So it's sort of sad that you would post a photo of your uncle here in an attempt to claim so.

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
We are coming from different perspectives. I see the Chinese here operating a lot these days. It's likely we'll be at war with the Chinese in the coming years. Meanwhile they are here making recoveries and stockpiling gold bars in their own vaults, while Americans are sitting at home reading news articles and watching the USD whither away to nothing. I said before, believe what you want. As an American of course I would prefer more Americans making recoveries than the Chinese.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May he rest in peace. With all due respect and admiration to your uncle, his participation and sacrifice during the war in Palau clearly does not bring you even one inch closer to the truth about Yamashita's gold. So it's sort of sad that you would post a photo of your uncle here in an attempt to claim so.
What's sadder is you giving lip service to him and then turning around and dishonoring my families sacrifices by making unfounded accusations. I posted a photo of my uncle to honor the man, who are you to speak for what my intentions are? Go crawl back under the rock you came out from under.

Last edited:

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
What's sadder is you dishonoring my families sacrifices by making unfounded accusations. I posted a photo of my uncle to honor the man, who are you to speak for what my intentions are? Go crawl back under the rock you came out from under.
You're claiming to have this deep interest and vast knowledge of WW2 because of your uncle, but your knowledge of WW2 history is deeply erroneous and full of holes. You're jumping to conclusions based on news articles. You're sourcing Rappler "Hey, just look at this, it explains it all" 🤣. It is truly ridiculous.

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
Your uncle would want Americans to know the truth that I and others know. Japan thoroughly looted all of SE Asia and left a vast majority of it in the Philippines. They were planning for it 30+ years in advance. Plan A was to securely bury all the loot in the Philippines and hold it as a central military base from which to dominate all of E and SE Asia. Plan B, if they lost the war, was to return to the Philippines under the cover of development projects and recover the loot afterwards. Which they have literally been doing since the 60s to this very day. I'm just telling you as frankly as I can, you're way off on this.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're claiming to have this deep interest and vast knowledge of WW2 because of your uncle, but your knowledge of WW2 history is deeply erroneous and full of holes. You're jumping to conclusions based on news articles. You're sourcing Rappler "Hey, just look at this, it explains it all" 🤣. It is truly ridiculous.
First, it's clear you didn't read the article, as you'd know it wasn't about disproving Yamishita, it was an article talking about the culture of the Philippines and why it's steeped in legend and folklore and why these legends persist, that was the point, which clearly went way over you head.

What's ridiculous is for all your posting, you haven't provided one shred of evidence, oh wait, that's right, your evidence was "As a westerner operating in the Philippines for 10 years, I guarantee you a 100 percent treasure exists in vast quantities" .

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
That's exactly my point. YOU are dishonoring your own family's sacrifice. Your uncle died fighting and winning a war that prevented a truly hellish reality from taking place in the world. Present day Americans have a solid claim to this treasure precisely because of the sacrifice good men like your uncle made for us. And we have half-researched skeptics like yourself on Treasurenet convincing us that none of its real. Don't lecture me on respect for those who died during WW2. If you were ever in any position to do so, you stepped down from that horse long ago.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your uncle would want Americans to know the truth that I and others know. Japan thoroughly looted all of SE Asia and left a vast majority of it in the Philippines. They were planning for it 30+ years in advance. Plan A was to securely bury all the loot in the Philippines and hold it as a military base to dominate all of E and SE Asia. Plan B, if they lost the war, was to return to the Philippines under the cover of development projects and recover the loot afterwards. Which they have literally been doing since the 60s to this very day. I'm just telling you as frankly as I can, you're way off on this.
What is your source for the "left a vast majority of it (gold) in the Philippines"? Did you read it some treasure hunting book? There are no seized records, files, diaries, interceptions, gov't records, interrogated prisoners etc, that support they had ANY sizeable stolen loot was left in the fall of 1944.

It was so bad, they literally were having their soldiers "live off the land" as they were so short of war funds. They weren't sitting on billions in gold, gold that was desperately needed to support the war effort. You can't just make stuff up to suit a narrative.

Last edited:

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
What is your source for the "left a vast majority of it (gold) in the Philippines? Did you read it some treasure hunting book? There are no seized records, files, diaries, interceptions, gov't records, interrogated prisoners etc, that support they had ANY sizeable stolen loot was left in the fall of 1944.

It was so bad, they literally were having their soldiers "live off the land" as they were so short of war funds. They weren't sitting on billions in gold, gold that was desperately needed to support the war effort. You can't just make stuff up to suit a narrative.
In the beginning, like you, my knowledge was all from the books. Yes books like Gold Warriors by Sterling Seagrave are excellent. But listen, I have been here man, deep down in the mud of this place for nearly 10 years. I don't need to start giving you my "sources". The truth is kept highly highly secret because THE ONE'S WHO KNOW, DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW. Imagine that... Is it so hard?

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exactly my point. YOU are dishonoring your own family's sacrifice. Your uncle died fighting and winning a war that prevented a truly hellish reality from taking place in the world. Present day Americans have a solid claim to this treasure precisely because of the sacrifice good men like your uncle made for us. And we have half-researched skeptics like yourself on Treasurenet convincing us that none of its real. Don't lecture me on respect for those who died during WW2. If you were ever in any position to do so, you stepped down from that horse long ago.
Fancy yourself a poet laureate? That's quite the eloquent spin and masterclass in projection there. Your skill with the pen is evident, but it lacks any substance. B-

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need to start giving you my "sources". The truth is kept highly highly secret because THE ONE'S WHO KNOW, DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW. Imagine that... Is it so hard?
Yeah, yeah, i get it, it's always a "secret", are there any credible pictures of the gold you've recovered in your 10 years in the mud you can share?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread