Yankee relics in Va.

VaGent

Apr 20, 2021
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently Deus XP, also have 2 Minelab Explorer XS as backups.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good way to finish off a 4 day weekend! The spot I have been hunting since September is pretty well hunted out, but we had heavy rains this weekend, and I figured the wet soil might help amplify any deep signals left. Boy did it! Two .69 Minie balls, two .58s, a musket ball and a carved Sharps, a ground-cloth grommet, a brass oval probably off a sword belt, and an Eagle I cuff button all came home with me this morning.
KIMG0228.jpg
SAM_7289.JPG

Upvote 17

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it , thanks for posting , those BIG 69's are a rare find here in N GA .

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good way to finish off a 4 day weekend! The spot I have been hunting since September is pretty well hunted out, but we had heavy rains this weekend, and I figured the wet soil might help amplify any deep signals left. Boy did it! Two .69 Minie balls, two .58s, a musket ball and a carved Sharps, a ground-cloth grommet, a brass oval probably off a sword belt, and an Eagle I cuff button all came home with me this morning. View attachment 2058386 View attachment 2058387
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good way to finish off a 4 day weekend! The spot I have been hunting since September is pretty well hunted out, but we had heavy rains this weekend, and I figured the wet soil might help amplify any deep signals left. Boy did it! Two .69 Minie balls, two .58s, a musket ball and a carved Sharps, a ground-cloth grommet, a brass oval probably off a sword belt, and an Eagle I cuff button all came home with me this morning. View attachment 2058386 View attachment 2058387
just found one of them rings myself with a carved bullet...nice digs brother

OP
OP
VaGent

VaGent

Apr 20, 2021
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently Deus XP, also have 2 Minelab Explorer XS as backups.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If anyone is curious about the ring and how it fits on a sword belt, heres an original. They were used to adapt the belt to the perpendicular hangers and the shoulder strap.

Attachments

• E3139B6D99DSC00728.jpg
    E3139B6D99DSC00728.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If anyone is curious about the ring and how it fits on a sword belt, heres an original. They were used to adapt the belt to the perpendicular hangers and the shoulder strap.
you ID'd it for me thank you cool relic I need to return with bigger coil good potential, HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread