Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't complain about 2015. I had a number of firsts to check off the bucket list including a gold coin, 3 cent silver, capped bust half cent and a Vermont landscape. I misplaced the Vermont so it's not in the photo, but when I find it I'll add it. I also didn't include buttons, buckles and misc. cool finds. When I get a chance to get them together and get a photo I'll add them to this post later. Silver totals weren't too bad and it was probably my best year for Indians. It was also my best year for 2 cent pieces with 7. I got a bunch of V and shield nickels, but most were toasted. I'll add them to the post when I get a chance. The last photo is my best day of the year for coppers with 7 including a CT, NJ and a scarce farthing. Most of the KG's found are halfpence so the farthing was a nice find. Our club pulled 37 coppers that day from a club hunt. I wanted to post this in the annual finds area, but there was no place to submit new post. This will probably get moved. I will update in the next week or two with some of the other stuff I found.

Last, but not least, most of the photos are high resolution so you can click on them, click again and then click again to zoom. I got some pretty good dates on the Indians.

year end barber 2015 final.jpg silver jewelry final.jpg

DSC_0295 mercs 2015.jpg year end misc silver 2015 final.jpg

year end better Indians 2015 final.jpg year end indian 2015 final.jpg

colonials final.jpg large cents final.jpg

gold coin obv.jpg gold coin rev.jpg

20150404_115940 bracelet 14k.jpg 20150404_172201 chain weigh.jpg

gold jewelry final.jpg year end war nickels 2015 final.jpg

half dime and 3 cent obv.jpg year end 2 cent 2015 final.jpg

20150411_173800myfinds.jpg

I just did a thorough cleaning of the 1865 2 cent piece and it came out quite nice.

DSC_0296 after.jpg

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver totals. The 2 cent piece total is impressive for one year. But I'm partial to the old coppers :)

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!!....what was the target response like on the chain, ctx 3030 owners seem to find a lot of gold chains..I have only found chains with a pi detector never while using vlf

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don that is a Great year-end total. Here's to you doing as well or better in 2016

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really excellent results Don,,
The weather this weekend should be
the Kickstart we need for 2016.
See you around the old battle ground.

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don that is a Great year-end total. Here's to you doing as well or better in 2016

Thanks Tyler. I'm already off to a better start with the Indians with 38 so far. I took advantage of the warm weather and got out whenever I could. Also got my first seated dime of the year already and a 14k gold and diamond earring. I also got 12 other silver dimes including 2 Barbers and a number of pieces of silver jewelry. Looks like it's going to be a good year.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome digs DB. :headbang: I dream of a year like the one you had.... I must admit that 2015 was my best season so far. The trend is still on the incline so I optimistic that 2016 will be better than my previous 2 seasons.

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Forgot to mention I also found my first flying eagle. If you enlarge the first pic of Indians it's in the upper left hand corner.

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, you KILLED IT.

Everything in your photos is just gorgeous! The 29 gram's of gold made me drool, but the 2 cent piece... WOW... just WOW. The detail there is awesome!

Skippy

Funny you should mention the 2 cent piece. I decided to give it a thorough cleaning after someone posted in this forum that they found their first Indian and wanted to know how to clean it. As Indians and 2 cent pieces are both bronze I wanted to post a before and after photo showing something after I cleaned it. Figured the 2 cent piece would be a good one to show. It came out quite nice.

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
Great season Don--you are obviously a very hard worker. Thanks for posting.
cjc

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that puts me to shame Great post!!!!

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that puts me to shame Great post!!!!

I have the advantage of being in NY on the CT border. Gives me access to a lot of older sites that you would not find in MI. I count my blessings every time I go detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread