Year End Totals

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been posting much this year mainly because my phone won't let me log into the site and I rarely use a computer anymore. As mentioned earlier this year, I got the itch again and started hunting halves again this year. I've been consistently hunting almost every week (I took a break for a month or two when I sold my house and moved to the next state over). Boxes have been up and down and in the later part of the year I actually completely switched courier services since my old stand by got a huge run of skunk boxes. My new source has been relatively consistent although not as good as the old one used to be. I had a couple month period where I was ordering 20 boxes a week, but for the majority of the year I was sticking in the 2-6 box range. Anyway, I was shocked to see that I ended the year up with 29.xx ounces of silver. That was actually quite a bit more than I expected since I ran into significant skunk streaks. Hope everyone else has a productive year and here's to a strong 2018.

My highlights of the year were really coinstar finds. I probably found roughly a dozen silver dimes, 1 silver quarter, a couple Canadian silvers and probably $20 in clad over the course of the year in coinstar rejects. I also did a smattering of dime and quarter boxes and I think the quarters actually produced better than the dimes. I found 3 or 4 quarters total from the dozen or so boxes I searched. The half boxes didn't really produce any rare finds. I had a nice percentage of 90%, close to a roll of franklins and maybe a half dozen walkers. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but I still love pulling silver for face value. Good luck and happy hunting everyone.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Fish on!, 2017 has been the worst year of hunting for me-- 54% of my yearly silver came from only two half dollar boxes, and they weren't even close to being dream boxes. Congrats on a good year considering all of the circumstances you've been through. Good to see you post!
HH
Buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread