YES! My First COBALT Blob Top Soda Bottle! Top Shelf Find!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I cant believe the way the day ended today. Got out after work for a few hours. Grabbed my waiters and jumped in the river 5 minutes from home. Was only hoping to find some 20s and 30s beer bottles of which I found three. Got a Val Blatz, Miller and a Foss-Schneider from Ohio. The Miller and Foss were firsts for me. Also got a post hutch style E.L. Husting. Not sure the proper name for this style. Also a first.

I was not expecting to find this beautiful cobalt L. Werrbach & Co blob top soda bottle. I was so shocked just to see it laying in the shallow water fully exposed. Completely forgot to take an insitu pic. Definitely now my most favorite bottle in my collection. Cleaned up very well but I plan on having this one professionally tumbled by a friend. The sun was setting and it was getting harder to see so I called it a day after that. I'll absolutely be going back to this stretch of the river. Barely scratched the surface.

Enjoy some pics. Happy hunting everyone.

20220824_191623.jpg
20220824_191757.jpg
20220824_195719.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 43
OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a bottle that is worth a special spot in the display.
Congrats 👏
Thanks Smokey! This one is top shelf in the living room display. Not hiding this one in the basement.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I cant believe the way the day ended today. Got out after work for a few hours. Got my waiters on and jumped in the river 5 minutes from home. Was only hoping to find some 20s and 30s beer bottles of which I got three. Got a Val Blatz, Miller and a Foss-Schneider from Ohio. The Miller and Foss were firsts for me. Also got a post hutch style E.L. Hunting. Not sure the proper name for this style. Also a first.

I was not expecting to find this beautiful cobalt L. Werrbach & Co blob top soda bottle. I was so shocked just to see it laying in the shallow water fully exposed. Completely forgot to take an insitu pic. Definitely now my most favorite bottle in my collection. Cleaned up very well but I plan on having this one professionally tumbled by a friend. The sun was setting and it was getting harder to see so I called it a day after that. I'll absolutely be going back to this stretch of the river. Barely scratched the surface.

View attachment 2043114 View attachment 2043115 View attachment 2043116
Awesome bottles! Congratulations

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holey smokes.....that is a rarely seen beauty !! Congrats on that incredible find !!
Sounds like you had lots of fun and will have more in the future! Thanks for sharing it!
really nice find
Great finds!
Thanks fellas. I can't wait to go back this weekend I if the rain holds off. Need to spend a few days here. Long sandy stretch with some 1800s houses near by.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer Cobalt!! Congratulations!
I would think that Amber one is pre hutch transitional, not post hutch :dontknow:
Thanks Steve. You know I think you may be right about that. I need to do some research. It does have the shape of a stoneware bottle more than anything.

King Canslaw

Nov 30, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I cant believe the way the day ended today. Got out after work for a few hours. Got my waiters on and jumped in the river 5 minutes from home. Was only hoping to find some 20s and 30s beer bottles of which I got three. Got a Val Blatz, Miller and a Foss-Schneider from Ohio. The Miller and Foss were firsts for me. Also got a post hutch style E.L. Hunting. Not sure the proper name for this style. Also a first.

View attachment 2043114 View attachment 2043115 View attachment 2043116
I louv4e that bodle and the collor of it.deep bluew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread