✅ SOLVED Yet anothe mystery iron relic! Can't figure it out! It's big and heavy!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet another mystery iron relic! Can't figure it out! It's big and heavy!

Found a very large hunk of iron in a field today. It was about a foot down and very crusty. It measures around 11 inches long by 6 inches wide and weighs over 11 pounds. It's tapered, but not enough to be a wedge (I don't think). Cleaned it up by chipping off most of the rust with a chisel and hammer, but still can't figure out what it was used for. Probably farm related, but I'm drawing a blank. Any guesses would be appreciated.

DSC09389.JPG DSC09390.JPG DSC09391.JPG

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it in a pretty barren spot for a forklift to be in use, but that does seem to make sense to me. Thanks!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it near a small farm pond. Definitely no logging going on, since the woods around it are a killer to detect. Very dense growth and no evidence of anyone ever cutting down any trees. Could just be a dump site for the farm, which is around 500 feet away. It was my last find because I had to call it a day. I'll go back when it gets a little cooler and the grass dies down a little. If it's a dump site, maybe there's old bottles and jars buried there. You never know...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions