You cant fix stupid #2

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was one putting a hot tub on a second floor deck. I took the heavy log railing off so I could have a crane slide the tub between the uprights and it all went to plan just fine. Later that day I put the top horizontal log in and it fit just right and held there because of the pressure between the uprights. I put the lower horizontal log in place and began to tap it in. I'm sure you've already figured it out. The lower log released the pressure from the upper, and it came down on my head. I was out cold for about 60 seconds, and then I woke up on the front lawn, a full story below.

I was alone when this happened 10 years ago and this is the first time I've told anyone. I was married at the time and would have heard about it forever.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are lucky, very lucky!

Years back we delivered a dinning room set to a customer on the 3rd floor, had to take the crown & spindle off the top of china hutch to get it up stairs, reassembled all is well we leave....3 years later she calls and says she's moving & we "have" to come and take the china down "because we put it up there". We explained to her to have her boys who we're moving her to just unscrew the spindle and the crown has screws holding it on. She demands we come & move her china down or she's calling the police, "because that's the LAW we have to!"
:what::what::what:
I'm guessing the pd set her straight.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was one putting a hot tub on a second floor deck. I took the heavy log railing off so I could have a crane slide the tub between the uprights and it all went to plan just fine. Later that day I put the top horizontal log in and it fit just right and held there because of the pressure between the uprights. I put the lower horizontal log in place and began to tap it in. I'm sure you've already figured it out. The lower log released the pressure from the upper, and it came down on my head. I was out cold for about 60 seconds, and then I woke up on the front lawn, a full story below.

I was alone when this happened 10 years ago and this is the first time I've told anyone. I was married at the time and would have heard about it forever.
Don't take this wrong, but I'm sure glad you were unconscious!!! If you'd been awake you'd have tensed up & probably broke something or worse!
The more of these stories I hear the more I realize I'm not the only one out there. :tongue3:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beer and electricity do not mix.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Hell... we don't have to. Beer and a LOT of things don't mix!!!!! I've done MANY things (stupid) without the beer also. Case in point....

I drive over to visit my dad one day. I was about 18-19 then. I get there and he's in the backyard standing by a ladder talking to the neighbor. I ask him "What ya doing"? He said I was getting ready to go the 2nd story window and chalk around it and Jack walked over. I said well give me the chalk gun and I'll do it for ya.... Great he says and up the ladder I go. I get up there in position and start squeezing the trigger. I squeeze and squeeze and nothing is coming out. Dad and Jack are below watching me and talking. So... I squeeze one more time real hard and still nothing! So it FINALLY dawns on me that he didn't break the seal. So.... like an idiot I turn the gun around to "look". And at that instant the seal broke / exploded open and I got a face full of chalk. I dropped the gun, lunged back and the ladder flipped over on the house wall. Now I'm hanging and had to hand over hand back down the ladder.

I get to the ground and my dad and Jack both are laughing so hard they can't even talk. They both are bent over laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes. It took 4-5 minutes before they stopped. They both said they hadn't ever seen anything so stupid and funny in their lives. Every time they looked at me they'd start laughing all over again. Then Jack tells my dad... You better go in and have a long talk with his mother. He said there's NO WAY you sired that kid buddy.... insult to injury.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hell... we don't have to. Beer and a LOT of things don't mix!!!!! I've done MANY things (stupid) without the beer also. Case in point....

I drive over to visit my dad one day. I was about 18-19 then. I get there and he's in the backyard standing by a ladder talking to the neighbor. I ask him "What ya doing"? He said I was getting ready to go the 2nd story window and chalk around it and Jack walked over. I said well give me the chalk gun and I'll do it for ya.... Great he says and up the ladder I go. I get up there in position and start squeezing the trigger. I squeeze and squeeze and nothing is coming out. Dad and Jack are below watching me and talking. So... I squeeze one more time real hard and still nothing! So it FINALLY dawns on me that he didn't break the seal. So.... like an idiot I turn the gun around to "look". And at that instant the seal broke / exploded open and I got a face full of chalk. I dropped the gun, lunged back and the ladder flipped over on the house wall. Now I'm hanging and had to hand over hand back down the ladder.

I get to the ground and my dad and Jack both are laughing so hard they can't even talk. They both are bent over laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes. It took 4-5 minutes before they stopped. They both said they hadn't ever seen anything so stupid and funny in their lives. Every time they looked at me they'd start laughing all over again. Then Jack tells my dad... You better go in and have a long talk with his mother. He said there's NO WAY you sired that kid buddy.... insult to injury.

Your Dad is lucky he survived - I would have died laughing. That sounds like a Wile E. Coyote mishap.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been there, done that... well... not quite THAT... But the sensitivity on the door would probably have resulted in the door going back up without scratching anyway. Pressing directly down on something without sliding... usually results in no scratches.

But, just in case... GOOD SAVE!

:occasion14:

I went out to the shop yesterday and put a 1ft. square cardboard box under the door opening. Then hit the the button. Down comes the door, hits box and crushes it 1/2 way down before tripping and going back up. This was heavy gauge cardboard also. So I guess the sensitivity "thing" is working but it did put on a lot of pressure before "tripping". I was surprised. I wonder if it's adjustable...?

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I went out to the shop yesterday and put a 1ft. square cardboard box under the door opening. Then hit the the button. Down comes the door, hits box and crushes it 1/2 way down before tripping and going back up. This was heavy gauge cardboard also. So I guess the sensitivity "thing" is working but it did put on a lot of pressure before "tripping". I was surprised. I wonder if it's adjustable...?

There is a screw to adjust where the door stops, but I don't know about the sensitivity to resistance. Have a beer and let me know what you find out.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a screw to adjust where the door stops, but I don't know about the sensitivity to resistance. Have a beer and let me know what you find out.

Well Boat.... Went out to new shop about 1:00 pm today. I was right up to the 200 amp service box on the wall with the overhead ceiling board. Had a last minute thought. I now decided to run a couple extra 220 lines (8 ga.) from the service box up into the rafters to a closed metal box for a future heating service and a new Jet saw I want. Hell... While I'm at it I might as well run an extra 110 line or two (12 ga.) into an overhead box also for future use also from the main service also. Great idea.... save me a lot of work later. Electrical inspector told me as long as those lines are in enclosed metal boxes overhead there's no problem (for final approval).

So... I pop in one 50 amp breaker, one 30 amp and two 20 amp breakers. I looked overhead and said... damn Brad that's gonna be a tight fit pushing those wires up through the holes that were already there filled with some wires. So.... I get the "big boy" drill out. Large OLD Milwaukee 3/4 chuck drill w/hand bar and put in a new 1/2" wood boring bit with the screw type end. I felt above on the studs for any wires close that I might hit... None were present within 2"'s. So... not a problem and off I go drilling standing on the step ladder. Man this new bit worked good.... along with the horsepower of the drill. When I popped through the 2 studs and released the trigger on the drill it just kept "turning and pulling". I hit 2 live 110 wires before it quit...

I quit... closed up barn... came into house... grabbed a beer... got on T-net and am ratting myself out now. This drill is an old industrial, non-variable speed trigger and no reverse metal drill. There was NO STOPPING IT with the new bit. Let's move on....

Never got to the door problem....?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
while working in my dads pole barn "work shed" on his car --my dear elder brother had a few beers and he soon needed to relieve himself of said beers .. so he went over and peed over by the fence ..(. uh the fence with the hot "electric ground wire" to keep the pigs from rooting out from under the fence) --since I was assisting him at the time with working on his car , I saw the "results" ... a word to the wise .....never ever pee anywhere near a electric fence wire... btw ...its funny as hell unless your the one that does it...

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quit drinking back in 1976. The first thing I noticed was when doing something stupid I didn't have the "Well, I was drunk when I did that" excuse anymore. Just had to cop to doing the stupid stunt. So even though beer & electricity doesn't mix it sure helps the ego!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quit drinking back in 1976. The first thing I noticed was when doing something stupid I didn't have the "Well, I was drunk when I did that" excuse anymore. Just had to cop to doing the stupid stunt. So even though beer & electricity doesn't mix it sure helps the ego!

Uh oh...
I have been known to build things with Mr scotch as my helper....
oh no...:BangHead:
:laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have one of those "heavy duty, go'n thru anything" drills.....I'm not "allowed" to use it.....here's why.
I was cleaning round an outlet ,once...with a butter knife & a wet rag....need I say more?
.....I"m still here, and the house is still still Standing!

What the heck is f2f? ....auto 'correct keeps inserting it!

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Many many moons ago I was married to the first wife. Yes she was blond. To this day I remember the day while watching the news, that she asked me how they trained the Gorillas to use guns to fight in wars... Yep Guerrilla warfare.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many many moons ago I was married to the first wife. Yes she was blond. To this day I remember the day while watching the news, that she asked me how they trained the Gorillas to use guns to fight in wars... Yep Guerrilla warfare.

Here's another story that's fits right into yours...!

Many years ago when I was drumming for a rock band called "Fantasy" and the lead guitarist and I met these 2 hot ladies one Fri. night where we were playing. We asked them out for the next night before we had to play again. Sure they say. So Ken and I met them and took them out to Red Lobster about 6:00 pm. While ordering our drinks I asked for a "cold boiled shrimp cocktail". So the server brings out out everybodie's drinks and my ordered cocktail. While were all eating the shrimp the blond I'm with says..."I wonder how they make this cold boiled shrimp cocktail - it's really good"? I quickly answered that "They boil them in cold water"! "REALLY" she answers.... "They can boil cold water"? Ken and I just looked at each other....?

Yep.... Ken and I both "scored" that night.... easily!!!!! :occasion14:

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please don't tell us when you went to help her google it you couldn't see the screen through all the white out blobs:tongue3::laughing7::tongue3:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
not joking -- once went to my local Micky Dee's -- ask for some sweet iced tea , the gal said ... do you want that "cold " (...uh iced tea has to be cold )...another time ..my order was $3.50 so I gave them-- a susan b dollar ,a ike dollar , a sac dollar and a ken half , ..kid say sorry sir we can't take foreign money ...had to get the manager to make him accept it as US money

the scary thing is these folks are allowed to marry , breed , vote and drive and walk about freely without any proper supervision

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not joking -- once went to my local Micky Dee's -- ask for some sweet iced tea , the gal said ... do you want that "cold " (...uh iced tea has to be cold )...another time ..my order was $3.50 so I gave them-- a susan b dollar ,a ike dollar , a sac dollar and a ken half , ..kid say sorry sir we can't take foreign money ...had to get the manager to make him accept it as US money

I believe it totally.... I went to the nearest store today to get a 12 pack of the world's best beer. Gave the new girl a $20.00. and she closed the drawer. I was talking to and joking with the other check out girl (been there forever). When we were done laughing I asked the other girl where is my change? She answer's "What change"...? She say's "You only gave me a $10.00"...?

So... we just stared at each other for a few seconds. My total purchase was about $13.50 (just a little short for a $10.00 bill). The other girl INSTANTLY went over and took over for the "new girl" shaking her head and gave me my change. And the other girl kept saying "That's all he GAVE me".... She's not gonna last long at all.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yep you can't pay for 13.50 worth of stuff with a 10 bill ...so it had to be a $20 in order to pay for it --or else she'd be 3.50 short in the till upon closing it with a 10 bill ....duhhh......... maybe she was trying to burn you for the change , hoping you would "forget" with the chitter chatter going on and just walk off ...some of the check out types aren't dumb ...their really crooks --they have been known "fake" swipe lotto tickets acting like they checked them but don't ,,,then throw the away for you ..on to fish it back out once you leave and no one is watching and cash it out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread