Field 1,2 and 3

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From my understanding Park/Field M3 is weighted towards the lower frequencies. Besides using on wet or coke-infested ground, it's supposed to be good for deep high conducters.
This is how I understand it as well!

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have played with the M3 setting very little. What I've experienced so far is that M2 really sounds out louder on deeper test targets vs M1 or M3. M3 seems sort of weaker for me on the old test coins here in my yard. They've been down in the ground more than 6 yrs now. Buried at 3, 6, and 8 inches down. Crusty clad Penny at 3, filthy clad Nickel at 6 inches, and a copper penny at 8/contaminated with iron nearby. M2 was the best one on that deepest one.

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pretty much feel the same way Rob, good to see someone else sees that. I have been using Feild 1 as of late out in the woods, thinking of course it being better (Higher Freq's) for copper, silver & Brass, and a little deeper perhaps?, but I did well before with Field 2, maybe just a little better even, and I've found more nickels using Field 2 with the Legend as well as the EQ 900. The M3? It was pretty good in soaked ground, all in all, I'm going back to Field M2. It not as though its hard to jump back and forth between the two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions