Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to the marina at the lake I live on <( I don't actually live on the lake just near it).
Too much trash even for the sniper coil lots of can slaw but got a couple clad pennies and an older silver ring I am guessing is from around the mid 1970's its an Avon marked Avon RJ,then 925 with an 11 next to it which I assume is the size.
I found something else that is rather strange its not lead so I am assuming its some sort of melted aluminum though the thing is it looks as if its encased in stone this was from my yard and would have had to have come in with the fill dirt I had brought in 21 years ago.
I'll post pictures in a bit as I don't have a camera nor do I use cell phones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bucketfreak68

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking forward to the photos. Detecting in the water?
No it has the boat launch area over there and I'll be hitting a late evening night op at the tot lot tonight.
Glad you mentioned water as there is at least one beach area near me to, I don't have a scoop so water hunting would be a tough one for me at this point.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you on the ring buddy. I have been vaccuming up clad coins with the Simplex, and its largest coil as of late. A couple of silver rings in the last few days also. I go by sound tone and signal volume, if that makes any sense. Then I'll double check with display if the hit catches my ear. Best of luck to you. As with any detector, the more I used it, the better I got with it. Some just took me months to get my act together. But it does get easier/better.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good for you on the ring buddy. I have been vaccuming up clad coins with the Simplex, and its largest coil as of late. A couple of silver rings in the last few days also. I go by sound tone and signal volume, if that makes any sense. Then I'll double check with display if the hit catches my ear. Best of luck to you. As with any detector, the more I used it, the better I got with it. Some just took me months to get my act together. But it does get easier/better.
What do think about the Simplex Ultra? I've been watching different video's on it and looks like a good upgrade if you're a Simplex fan. I would get it and try it myself but I'm struggling to keep the detectors I have on rotation.

OP
OP
Bucketfreak68

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NWMP that makes 100% since to me I am 85/15 on audio and visual numbers.
I do not own the Simplex but most of what I've read or seen in videos tells me its a good one to.
I've noticed on the legend every good target that I've dug had a good tone and the VDI would jump 3 decimals but always repeat.
Junk has always hit a fuzzy tone and been all over on VDI.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Same here NWMP. I went nuts trying to learn the Simplex early on. I go by clarity of tones, primarily. I love the machine now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions