Update on legend version 1.14 beta testing.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder when they will release the next firmware. And better yet to ponder on did they just use this as a test to use on their newest Legend replacement that will come out within the next 6 months?
At this point, I'm questioning how many more updates they will give the Legend. It's getting rather long in the tooth. That's my worry, that they will simply cripple it with firmware to make their next machine a better option. *shrugs* You just never know these days.

OP
OP
Bucketfreak68

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder when they will release the next firmware. And better yet to ponder on did they just use this as a test to use on their newest Legend replacement that will come out within the next 6 months?
At this point, I'm questioning how many more updates they will give the Legend. It's getting rather long in the tooth. That's my worry, that they will simply cripple it with firmware to make their next machine a better option. *shrugs* You just never know these days.
The good news is I'm not required to install this update on my Legend and having watched the demo video of the V1.14 update that pretty much sealed the deal with me I have no intention of bothering with it.
I'm predicting now when it is released as a full blown non-Beta version there will be one post after another of people who are going to be disappointed.
My Legend has park mode, field mode, beach mode, gold field mode, and all metal mode, and there's really only 3 of those modes I have use for where I detect.
I can not see my self needing a mode that enables me to do nothing but repeatedly ground balance my detector.
And seeing the demo video of the beast mode that seems to be what that all boils down to.
I personally think if Nokta has not officially announced it yet they need to announce that this it were done with updates for the Legend.
And I would suspect if that announcement is made that will also mean the expiration date is up for the Legend.
That's just my two cents on the the subject.

Last edited:

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the used price drops on my Racer 2 and the Impact when newer models came out, I am very happy with updating an existing waterproof platform. I've never seen any indication that Nokta would "cripple their firmware" so the next model would look better. Look what happened to used prices for the Nox 800 when the even more expensive Manticore came out. Sure would have been nice if they could have just updated the 800. On the other hand, I am going wait to see what others experience before I ever update. It is very effective as is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions